Rifle Range in OK.

Waynard

Moved to OK. from PA. and all the rifle ranges here in OK. you have to pay to shoot on. Whats up with that? In PA. all the Public Ranges are run by the Pa. Game Commision, (same as Oklahoma Dept. of Wildlife Conservation). Shooting hours any day of the week, (except Sunday in certain areas) are from 8:00 am until sunset. And you don't have to drive more than 15 mins. to find one. With the cost of all the license fees could'nt the ODWC take care of public ranges. PA. does it for a lot less. Excuse me for ******* and mouning.

I moved from Pa. to OK. in the mid 80's and I'm looking to go back to ne Pa. One good thing here in OK. is that the property taxes are probably less than half. What part of OK. did you move to?

I am in Durant, OK and am having a hard time finding a place to shoot more than 100 yards. I too wish it was free but am more than willing to look at private or public ranges for my wife and myself. If anyone know of anything please let me know.

Ron, I have a couple of places where you can shoot to 600. Any time you, your family, or anyone in our area wants to meet and shoot I am game.
Jacobs Gun Club
Greenville Texas 903-455-2264
Big Boar Tactial Tate
Pilot Point Texas 972-787-9978

Waynard, most all the land in OK is privately owned. Any land owned by the Wildlife Dept. is normally reserved for hunting. There are no state owned ranges here and I never thought a thing about it until you mentioned it.
That doesn't make it right but that's just the way that it is. Where in OK did you move?

Yep, moved to Mustang and the best place I've found is the Canadian Gun Range. The old fella that runs it is a good guy and you get a target and stapler to put up your target. But, it still cost something to shoot there and during the week you can not shoot until 10:00 am which is alright if you don't mind waiting until then.
I do not want to change the way you fellas do things out here, I'm saying for the amount of taxes you pay on everything it sure would not hurt you politicians to put up some free gun ranges like they do in Pa.

there is a range in ft supply OK that is free and run by the okwd but it is only 300 yrds, my daughter and i shoot at it sometimes. you do have to have a hunting licence to shoot their.

Thanks mikebob, sounds good but its about 2 1/2 hour drive from where I'm at. I wished it was a little closer.

You fellas are alright and thanks for the offers. I'm moving back to Pa.. The gun ranges are easily accessed there and they are free, pistol, rifle, muzzleloader about anything you want to shoot. Also the area I'm moving to has good hunting at about a 20 minute drive. This has been an adventure out here, all good, except the things I mentioned before. Just my Opinion, you fellas ought to go after your politicians to put up some state funded gun ranges near OKC and areas nearer your home.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.