Rifle primer question!

Good read, and a little surprising!
Thanks!
Back in the late 90's I had some slow ignition on some loads with CCI primers and I called their hotline (back then)and spoke to a person that asked how do you store your primers and I replied in an old coffee can with a lid.He said your are supposed to store your primers in an open container so they don't sweat.Sweating can cause fail to fire or slow ignition so since then I store my primers in an open coffee plastic container with no lid on top.That stopped my problem.
Back about 90 my cousin gave me literally a grocery bag of WSR primers that had the boxes with sloted wooden primer boards in them. Don't know how old they were but they had been under water in his flooded basement for about a week. I took them all out and dryer them on my picnic table in the sun and every one of them fired when I later used them in reloads!

I'm using CCI LR primers in 308 Winchester Lapua brass, 175 gr Matchking and 45.5 gr. Hodgdon CFE223 powder. I'm getting on average 1 miss fire per 50 is a guess. Primers aren't old. 1½ years at most from Midway. I'm suspecting the density of the powder? Not sure. It is agitating when it happens. Around 75% of the time a second strike will ignite them. Savage m10 and the strikes look to be relatively hard. I ordered a new firing pin assembly and it's in. I will be changing it out this afternoon, if the creeks don't rise and the good Lord is willing.
I also had this happen with CCI 200 and ball powder. Switched to hotter primer and went bang 100%.
With that said... I use CCI 200 or FG 210M with just about everything, but use very little ball powder.

I've noticed that Winchester primers are a little dirtier. Doesn't make much of a difference, as cleaning the primer pocket is pretty much the same either way.

I also had this happen with CCI 200 and ball powder. Switched to hotter primer and went bang 100%.
With that said... I use CCI 200 or FG 210M with just about everything, but use very little ball powder.
Changed out the firing pin assembly and all went bang yesterday shooting in rain and today shooting. The ball powder sensitivity on CFE223 at 45.5 gr is pretty unpredictable. Hodgdon says 1.7. I don't know about that.
I loaded 168 Berger Hybrid Target and IMR4064 42.5gr. And it's no match for my 175 SMK CFE223 45.5gr load in drop or wind at a steady temperature anyway😖😂😂. Between the two, the splash from impact of the 175's is way better than the Berger 168gr. Especially at 1200 yards.

Back about 90 my cousin gave me literally a grocery bag of WSR primers that had the boxes with sloted wooden primer boards in them. Don't know how old they were but they had been under water in his flooded basement for about a week. I took them all out and dryer them on my picnic table in the sun and every one of them fired when I later used them in reloads!
Not surprised. Isn't that how they're made? Compound pushed in wet then packed and dried.