Rifle primer question!

As for the difference between standard and match primer as said before is the consistency of the charge usually done by the most experienced employee as for what to use I always start with federal there is a reason why most competition shooters use them but it's always good to try another one because like said guns will tell you what it wants also primers vary on the thickness of the cup is why one with a thick cup may not ignite in certain firearms all the time good luck

As for the difference between standard and match primer as said before is the consistency of the charge usually done by the most experienced employee as for what to use I always start with federal there is a reason why most competition shooters use them but it's always good to try another one because like said guns will tell you what it wants also primers vary on the thickness of the cup is why one with a thick cup may not ignite in certain firearms all the time good luck

L. Sherm is probably right there not going to shoot better all the time like people think the problem is there are way to many variables just inconsistency in brass could take a way any advantage if any a match primer has then you have the conditions your shooting in unless you are very good at reading conditions and very good at all aspects of shooting you will probably never see the difference but one thing it can do is if you have more confidence in them then that's always a plus and might make you shoot better you will see more differences from brand to brand just my 2 cents

300 rum w/ wlrm primer load went to 89.5 to show ejector

same w/ cci 250 got to 91.5

i know them numners are low for a rum but thats what i ended up at

there could have been other variables that i missed but im always cautious now switching to winchesters without dropping charge a little

While I will generally opt for the Federal match grade primers, given the choice, and possibility of added insurance. Having said that, I have not experienced differences in accuracy, ES, or reliability over several years of testing loads of both the standard and match grades….Availability at times has been an issue.

Probably 75% I use CCI 250's. My favorite followed by Federal 215's. I find the CCI are a bit harder which gives an early pressure sign if they start to flatten. Have tried two different primers with same powder load no discernable difference. Use magnum primers in all calibers magnum or not. Use them from working up load to completion. Never had an issue.

My understanding from friends that work at Federal is the only real difference from standard to match is the cup is a little "softer". The priming mix is the same. I love 215s in cases over 65 grains, but have not noticed a difference from standard to match. I have used a lot of CCI, Federal, and Winchester large rifle and had can't say there is one prefer. I use WLR mostly for my standard cases because they were available firstest at normal prices after the last shortage and I have very good stock.

I use BR primers, usually BR4's in all small rifle loads mainly because of the heavier cups. I use whatever the rifle likes in LR until the load gets around 90 grs or more, then the only primer I even try is a 215M.

300 rum w/ wlrm primer load went to 89.5 to show ejector

same w/ cci 250 got to 91.5

i know them numners are low for a rum but thats what i ended up at

there could have been other variables that i missed but im always cautious now switching to winchesters without dropping charge a little
WLRM primers are the hottest out there. I had similar results while working up loads for one of my 300 WEA's.