Rifle Pics

ear protection=pointless :rolleyes: (when hunting), when I put the whitetail or eastern in the scope I never hear the shot ring off anyway. My ears never ring and my shoulder never hurts. Adrenaline takes over and im too worried about that animal hitting the ground. I do short range Va hunting. I know what its like man, but I still think silencers=pointless. :D Im a fan of the bang.

ear protection=pointless :rolleyes: (when hunting), when I put the whitetail or eastern in the scope I never hear the shot ring off anyway. My ears never ring and my shoulder never hurts. Adrenaline takes over and im too worried about that animal hitting the ground. I do short range Va hunting. I know what its like man, but I still think silencers=pointless. :D Im a fan of the bang.

You on this forum=pointless

If you want to object to someone else's opinions, please try to doing it a little more tactfully. Adrenaline can't defy physics. You don't NOTICE the shot. But you do hear it. I fired 3 shots in rapid succession this year from my 300rum to bring down my deer. While I didn't notice the shots. The tinnitus I suffered in my right ear for 3 weeks and the constant headache and sleep loss it brought with it was a constant reminder that I did infact hear it. Please do your homework before posing.

This is getting away from thread, but I shot a bull w/340 WM in timber and it just about ruined 1/2 my day,braked hurt my ears and lessened my hearing ability that afternoon. I suffered hearing loss in a HS hunting instance, and I WANT to save what I have, my 340 and 338 NM WILL cause hearing loss.My hunting buddy hears the elk bugle and reads direction much better than I, very important for bow hunting, just as important if you still hunt also.

You on this forum=pointless

I fired 3 shots in rapid succession this year from my 300rum to bring down my deer. While I didn't notice the shots. The tinnitus I suffered in my right ear for 3 weeks and the constant headache and sleep loss it brought with it was a constant reminder that I did infact hear it. Please do your homework before posing.

3 shots with a 300rum? well thats your fault! lol :D no reason to shoot a deer 3 times with a 300 anything!

in conclusion 3shots=pointless...

aaand finally to sp6... Brakes=pointless when hunting as well...

But i understand what you guys are talking about.. most of the people here are target shooters and silencers and breaks are cool for target shooting.. but i just dont agree with it for hunting.. and neither do most state laws.

Last edited:
ishootkittens, You need to look at the site your on, 1/2 the rifles pictured here are sporting brakes. Long range = high power for the E NEEDED for the long range kills, so most tame it down a bit for accuracy, shootability. I shot my 340 wm for 10 years with out a brake, and I have the scares above my eye to prove it.

You do when a 5x5 with a 24" spread is running wide open at 200yards, we don't get many big deer like that in central California, so yea i took 3 shots, first 2 missed, the 3rd was high on the rib cage and took his spine out. You need to take a chill pill buddy, your ****in in the wrong sand box.

3 shots with a 300rum? well thats your fault! lol :D no reason to shoot a deer 3 times with a 300 anything!

in conclusion 3shots=pointless...

aaand finally to sp6... Brakes=pointless when hunting as well...

But i understand what you guys are talking about.. most of the people here are target shooters and silencers and breaks are cool for target shooting.. but i just dont agree with it for hunting.. and neither do most state laws.

This is funny ****...ha ha ha. I guess we are all not worthy or up to your humble standards on hunting

I dont think a break or a silencer is going to help you against that lion if you miss...:D.. then again, you could just shoot it three with a .300. That seems to be a popular decision.

the last kitten i shot was with a blowgun! :D *flexes*... no brake needed! I poised in the tree stand and let loose a needle from hell. He ran about 34 yards, stumbled a few steps, and crashed down in the creek bottom. I got Bobby J and John boy to help me drag er out! Mounting it cost me a fortune!:D

silencers=pointless..

It's Suppressors (silencer is kind of a slang term). Your opinion shows you don't have much (or maybe any) experience with them.

Recoil reduction, sound and flash suppression. They're great for new shooters, Tactical situations (reason why the military is buying them at astounding rate), hunting in general, where scaring game might be negative.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.