Rifle mounted tripod/bipod adapters

they are designed to fit arca Swiss style tripod heads. It works great in my pro master ball head, and my sirui VA5 fluid head.

I finished up a new design that will allow use with outdoorsmans heads, hoping to have it machined this week for some testing over the weekend.

Figured I would make a more official thread for these mounts now that I am a sponsor. I will be very thorough but if you have any more questions please shoot me a pm or email.

The past few years I've had missed shot opportunities due to the terrain not cooperating for shot positions. I glass off a tripod so I designed an adapter to allow me to quickly put my rifle on my tripod for a shot.

There are saddle type options but they tend to be clunky and heavy. With a stock mounted option it's quick and lightweight. Other options have long lengths that add weight and aren't as strong.

Currently I have a titanium option that is only 1.7" long and mounts to Arca Swiss tripod heads. It's weight is .87 oz.

The second mount option I have is meant for a forward mount and incorporates a picatinny rail section for a bipod and also a sling stud in the rear tucked up behind the arca dovetail. It is made out of 7075 aluminum (more detail on that later) and weighs 1.1 oz.

Both of these designs can be ordered with 10-32 or 1/4-20 fasteners, and I include tee nuts for mounting to your stock. Bolt spacing on the Ti version is 1.2" with one side being slightly slotted to allow for locational error. The arca+pic version will accommodate bolt spacing from 1.2" to slightly over 3".

Currently both mounts are available with a flat bottom, but I can make a run of radius bottom or mounting on more rounded style stocks. With the materials I am using though, a flat bottom mount on a rounded stock will not warp or distort because of use.

For surface finishes, the Titanium mount can be garnet blasted (a full grey) or I can flame anodize them which give a pretty cool multicolor finish. The arca+pic mount comes in a bead blasted aluminum finish.

I enjoy working extremely tough materials and don't like to compromise strength to reduce my costs. This is why I have chosen Titanium, and 7075 aluminum. Most people are familiar with why titanium is so popular for lightweight options. It has a strength to weight ratio of around 250 kN. For aluminum, the industry standard is 6061 aluminum, because it's decently strong and quite affordable. When compared to 7075 though, they are night and day. The strength to weight ratio of 6061 is 115kN and 7075 is 196 kN. So 7075 is on average 1.7 times as strong as 6061.

Playing around with one of my rifles on the tripod using the arca+pic mount, you can use it with the bipod legs deployed and go from a steady shot on the tripod, to prone on the bipod in 5 seconds.

I'm currently designing versions to work with outdoorsmans heads and then manfrotto next.

Pricing for the ultralight Ti arca rail is $65, and the arca+pic is $55, shipped CONUS.View attachment 191618View attachment 191619View attachment 191620

are these plate adapters proprietary to certain bipods/tripods?

Id like to see an up close video of a magnum rifle being shot while mounted on this.
Not saying it dosent work, and possibly very well for one shot.
During recoil something has to give, possibly causing problems with follow up shots UNLESS,
the gun can recoil and either return or be returned without disturbing the tripod position at all.

Id like to see an up close video of a magnum rifle being shot while mounted on this.
During recoil something has to give, possibly causing problems with follow up shots UNLESS,
the gun can recoil and either return or be returned without disturbing the tripod position at all.

I have shot my 375 H&H and other magnum calibers many times off my tripod(s). It has always worked great through you are correct that the rifle will have to be aimed again for the next shot -- just like any other rest. The tripod WILL be disturbed by the recoil unless shooting a really mild caliber. Even with the disturbance, the tripod allows me to get back onto the target as quickly as any other rest.

If you point one leg at 12 o'clock with the other two legs at 8 o'clock and 4 o'clock the whole tripod+rifle contraption can rock back on those rear legs, settling back down in position for target reacquisition and follow up. There isn't really one part that takes the brunt of the insult.

Last edited:
If you point one leg at 12 o'clock with the other two legs at 7 o'clock and 5 o'clock the whole tripod+rifle contraption can rock back on those rear legs, settling back down in position for target reacquisition and follow up. There isn't really one part that takes the brunt of the insult.

I've done this exact approach and have also done 180 degrees of this approach. For example, shooting from a pickup bed, two legs are against the back of the cab. It still works the way you describe except there is sometime lateral movement. It is still easy to get back on the target quickly. The pickup bed has most often been used to harvest meat hogs in Africa and TX where precise head shots are best.

I have mine set up with gnarly claw feet. I kick the legs out to the medium height setting and fully extend. I run two legs forwards and one leg back. My left knee is on the ground and my right knee is weighting the tripod leg. A set of shooting sticks are crossed under the butt. With my light, unbraked 6creed the cross hairs stay on a 12" gong at 600yds, this rifle is the one set up with the TI arca plate being offered here.

My braked 338 lapua has a full length rail. Using the same technique I can keep the 600 yds gong in the field of view and track the bullet trace. I've made Hits on the 12" out to 1000yds with the lapua. That's the furthest I have here. Memorial weekend I plan to head over to the UP and really see what these tripods can do. I can shoot to a mile and a half there.