Rifle for the wife

the two have nearly the same case capacity. which powder you are using will determine charge size

well that's not particularly helpful to the OP, because he isn't in the market for your rifles.

I was just saying that in a equal weight rifle with equal barrel lengths, neither will be louder or quieter, and with traditionally used bullet weights for hunting, the .243 win will have less recoil.

Creedmoor was designed for distance and accuracy, I would bet it actually would perform better in equal situations anyway.

If you have to be a college professor to be here, I geus s I'm out!

Keep the cartridge less than a .30 cal. The dilemma that "I would have" is deciding if a .243 is enough *** for the hunting you are doing. Whitetail deer from a ground blind, sure. For the top notch marksman that can really display a shinny example of shot placement at anytime....sure. If at least one of those two things aren't checked off and you are hunting some high country Colorado muleys or something, I'd maybe consider something a little bigger than a .243 but less than a .30 cal.

Next, as far as non cartridge related recoil is concerned, a heavier rifle, combined with a muzzle break will certainly help eat at some of the felt recoil, so those are some other ideas to consider as well. Downside is hiking in with a 14 lb rifle sucks. Two of my remingtons I use are 16 and 17 lb. and it's a strain to hump around on multi day hunts.

You can think out side the box as well. Spending money would be a risk, but a good tripod and a hog saddle could help lower some recoil as well if you know how to leverage the tripod...key being consistently.

Just some ideas.

6.5 CM is an accurate round and good choice, however with similar rifles clambered in 243 or 6.5 the 6.5 will have more recoil due to heavier projectiles. Also, 243 ammo can be found just about anywhere. That is why I recommend 243.

you're spouting incorrect information and opinions that do not have any factual backing, not trying to be an *******, that's just the fact of the matter. if you feel the need to leave because I called you out on spreading false information, it won't hurt my feelings.

A 6.5 creedmoor is no more inherently accurate than a .243. both are very capable of accuracy and distance. a .243 with a fast twist barrel shooting 110s or 115s will actually pull away from a 6.5 creed, just the same way a 6mm creedmoor will

I have a 400 yard target range next to my yard.
And I own 14 centerfire, and 8 rimfire rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.