Rifle for a small woman

Pattonsdad

My wife is a 100lb hunter with a deadly eye, the problem it that her skills have out grown the cut down Remmington that we got her several years ago. I would like to get her something light weight, flat shooting, and small enough to fit her little fame... and suggestions?

Model 7, some sort of carbon wrapped barrel (24 inch) and rem 260 caliber with syn stock say a lone wolf ultra light stock. Aluminum rings and bases if possible. Flute the bolt, I have also seen the action fluted to save some weight.
?????
Dave

I would have to say a Rem Model 7 as well but slightly different than above.. I would put a McMillan Sporter weight stock (Light Fill) 24" Fluted, Sporter weight Mike Rock, Hart, really any high quality Stainless Barrel. will do but Mike Rock would be my first choice
smile.gif
I peice base with Aluminum Rings
Badger makes them ...slight overkill but really nice and sturdy! as for Chabering ..not sure what she is shooting now that plays a huge roll but 7mm-08 would be a good one or a 260 all depends on how she handles recoil,,,everybody is talking about making this rifle as light as possible and even some of the light Carts mentioned may pop a bit for a small lady. just something to consider when going light...I would say for this application a muzzle break would (not) be a good choice just because they are LOUD! and the muzzle blast may affect her shooting ..it is quit a distraction if your not used to one. IMHO Good luck ..I'm actually tossing this idea around myself for my daughter she is only 7 now but hey you can never get them started to young.
smile.gif

Sorry for posting back to back but if you want to take a run over to the Snipers Hide
here is the link to the thread http://www.snipershide.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005370 you can check out what I'm thinking is the perfect Rifle for a small framed person..it's the Rifle with the Pink Stock down twards the bottom of the thread and some more pics of it ons page two.
grin.gif

[ 11-16-2004: Message edited by: Long Range Demon TacKac ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.