Rifle for 10 year old.

X3 on the T/C Contender Carbine. It is inexpensive, and It weighs 5 lbs. You can upgrade to a 30 Herret, or if you want to get crazy a .45-70 barrel. I have a 7mm TCU that I use for javelina. It is more than capable for deer. I used my 7-30 Waters barrel to kill 4 auodad Out to 200 meters, it was a star with 120 gr. TTSX. My granddaughter shot very well with it when she was young. The stock is already small, so nothing special needs to be done.

My daughter has been shooting a Cricket and 10/22 for a couple years and is ready to upgrade. She'll be legal to deer hunt in 2 years so I'd like to get her started on a rifle sooner rather than later.

Deer around here aren't hard to kill or very big. So I'm leaning towards .223, .22 Creed, .243 win or 6 Creed. With a removable brake.

My dilemma is the stock, I cannot figure out what would work for such a small child??? I read that the Weatherby Camilla is a good one but it still looks too big in pictures?

Thoughts???
22 Creedmoor. 88gr eld in copper Creek ammo shot excellent for me. Low recoil and minimal muzzle blast. Very fun to shoot. My 11 year old nephew centered up on my 500 yard gong on the first try from a cold bore.

I was thinking just for the bench in the beginning with ear protection. Then take it off once she's used to it and for hunting.
I second this approach. To keep my son from flinching, when he was 9 I got a 6.5cr for him and got a brake added. My main concern was minimizing the chances of him developing a flinch, which I had when I was young, and it frustrated me for years.

I also used plugs and electronic muffs for hearing protection to help with the blast. When we hunt he always has his muffs ready to put on as soon as we see a deer, so he uses the brake hunting as well. At some point I'll probably take it off but I'm in no rush.

I'm not saying my approach is better than going without a brake, it just is right for me and wanted to share my line of thinking.

My daughter has been shooting a Cricket and 10/22 for a couple years and is ready to upgrade. She'll be legal to deer hunt in 2 years so I'd like to get her started on a rifle sooner rather than later.

Deer around here aren't hard to kill or very big. So I'm leaning towards .223, .22 Creed, .243 win or 6 Creed. With a removable brake.

My dilemma is the stock, I cannot figure out what would work for such a small child??? I read that the Weatherby Camilla is a good one but it still looks too big in pictures?

Thoughts???
Grendel gas gun with 16 or 18 barrel

Thoughts???
Grendel ar15 with 16" barrel

I purchased a model 70 Winchester carbine. For my eight-year-old son . Has a 20 inch barrel and shortened to stock up one inch. Very accurate rifle. He passed it on to his son shot a real nice hog with it at nine years old.

Thoughts???
I'd say something like the .250 Savage it might have to be a little semi-custom job kept I'm sure within rea$on. I did have a chance to shoot the Wby Camilla in a 7-08 Rem, very nice rifle, but... man, did that thing kick in that little 7-08 Rem with 150gr loads. If the Camilla could be had in the .250 Savage I'd say that would be a great little rifle for many years. Good Luck

Iffin you live in area where you can Hunt Deer with a .22 Calibre .. then .223, 22-250, 220 Swift
recommend No Brake ,,, light Loads
& Wood Stock that you Cut Down .. then put 1/4"-3/8" Aluminum Rods Into sleeves (with set screws) then new recoil pad … then when longer LOP becomes necessary - remove recoil pad - slide Posts into sleeves - tighten set screws & U R back to full length —- and if longer become necessary you'll have adjustable LOP …
& Good Luck

Thoughts???
I would take a different approach. A .357 magnum or .44 magnum carbine makes a really good youth gun. Their range is short but they make big holes and good blood trails. I know there are kids that are disciplined enough to shoot high velocity long range small bullets, but lots of kids do better with a low-recoil straight-walled big holer.

I also recommend a T/C . They are great little rifles that shoot very well. Stock is just right for a kid...no adjustment necessary. Get a 21 inch or longer barrel in .223 and your daughter will be ready for business. Later if desired you can up the caliber.

243 should be every kids first rifle. Nowadays a 6 cm is a good modern replacement. Pick either and don't look back. Build a good gun and she'll be shooting deer with it for the rest of her life. 👍🏼.

6.5 Grendel or 6arc are fantastic rounds for low recoil and report. I built a Grendel for my daughter and she is deadly accurate with it and has never even noticed the recoil. If you aren't " black gun" friendly (shame if you aren't, they are amazing platforms) cz makes a mini action bolt gun in the Grendel that is small framed , light, and well built . In the AR platform, telescoping stock and many lightweight furniture options make it an idea beginners gun for small framed kids. If the thought of a semi auto worries you , there are companies that offer single or clip fed uppers in a bolt action design for the AR platforms. Don't worry about accuracy either. All mine and my kids AR are well below MOA, and my personal 6.5 Grendel is sub 1/2 MOA. Don't scrimp on barrel, bolt or trigger and the platform will change your views on semi auto rifles !9