Rifle chamber cleaning

Archer357

Hi everyone, I have a new Bergara B14 ridge in 30-06. I have a bore guide, Dewy cleaning rod. What and or how do I clean the chamber? Was thing of a shot gun cotton swab.
Thanks for any input.

Yep, I use a ,410" cotton bore mop on mine. I attach to a battery drill, soak with whatever solvent you use and spin it up. Then I dry and mop out with a clear solvent neutraliser, shellite or metho, depending if petroleum based or water based.

Cheers.

Sinclair makes a short chamber rod that works great with a bronze brush to clean the throat/neck of chamber. A chamber diameter mop can be used to clean up the rest of the chamber. They also have a lug recess rod that has a dense felt rectangular pad that can be trimmed to match your receiver rails and cleans the lugs and lug recess. The felt is cleanable/reusable for many cleaning. I have both rods and use them at every cleaning.

As a sport shooter, I would suggest running two solvent patches through the barrel and don't forget to use the bore guide. Which will keep in check the excess solvent running to the trigger. Then you can easily clean the barrel and can see the residue foul in the patch.
Well clean the gun on a regular basis is a good practice though. It depends on your usage and even though the gun is not frequently used the barrel should be cleaned once in a month.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.