Rifle Chamber cleaning ???

Get an old aluminum arrow about 16-20" long. Exact diameter does not matter but thinner is better. Get wood file handle, Drill a hole large enough for the arrow to go in the handle ( tight fit and epoxy) leaving the arrow end with the aluminum insert in it not in the handle.

Use a 45 cal nylon brush and it will screw into the aluminum arrow insert at the end of your new custom bore cleaning tool.

Wrap a large shotgun cleaning patch around the nylon brush and then clean your chamber when done cleaning the barrel. Can also clean the raceways too with same tool and patch.

Nylon brush holds the patch, tight enough to clean any chamber yet is flexible and non scratching.

BH

My wife makes fun of me for not throwing anything away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Good thing I saved one aluminum arrow when I switched to carbon or else I wouldn't have had what I needed when I needed it. I think I will build me one of those this weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Midway has a great chamber cleaning kit, includes a couple of plastic rods for getting to the chamber. One has a yoke moulded into it for holding lug recess cleaning pads and the other is threaded to take 20 guage wool mops. Bounties idea is great, would be stronger than the plastic.

The chamber recess tool is very important for cleaning your receiver. Get a supply of gauze pads from your dentist.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.