Rifle carry with alice pack

shootallday

I use a alice pack for hunting a buddy gave me, it's much more then I need but on really cold days I'll throw in a wool blanket to make hunts more Enjoyable. Plus my other gear. I'm a big guy so I move slow and rest often. One problem is with the pack on the scope on my rifle will rub the frame of the pack.

I was looking for ways to hold the rifle on the pack when I don't need it in a hurry, I'm looking at slings for more of a front across the chest carry As well.

Open the top lid, lay the rifle across, and close the top lid over the rifle (rifle laid horizontal on pack). Not perfect, and you need to cross wide openings between trees, etc., but it works.

I use a alice pack for hunting a buddy gave me, it's much more then I need but on really cold days I'll throw in a wool blanket to make hunts more Enjoyable. Plus my other gear. I'm a big guy so I move slow and rest often. One problem is with the pack on the scope on my rifle will rub the frame of the pack.

I was looking for ways to hold the rifle on the pack when I don't need it in a hurry, I'm looking at slings for more of a front across the chest carry As well.
My Alice pack is tucked away somewhere in my garage. I am not sure if you can use it, but I have a universal Kifaru gunbearer on my non-Alice/non-Kifaru pack.

I like that Safari Sling and Kifaru set ups. I've had traditional sling swivels break and slings break while out on hunts. The last time was while I was tracking some cougars in the snow. My 243's sling broke right at the front swivel and went barrel first into the snow while slung on my shoulder. The Safari Sling or Kifaru set ups being in front would give anyone a chance to catch their rifle.