Rifle Build

YouTube is an amazing resource for "do it yourself" projects.

That's right. I've used youtube for everything from setting up a reloading press to changing the clutch in my truck and almost anything in between. I've saved enough money from YouTube to finance this build actually so, Thank you Youtubers.

Spent some time on Grafs and Powder Valley last night. Midway won't take my APO Billing Address. The Goodies:

Scope Base: Weaver 20MOA Base
Rings: Burris Tactical (Looked Similar to the TPS and available at Grafs)
...And since I forgot to add the two most important parts. Another trip to Grafs will yield the barrel nut wrench and headspace gauge. I would rent the gauge but I plan for this to be a two or three caliber switch barrel rifle so It'll be needed down the road.

This finishes out the rifle build for now. I may add a trigger and will likely add a scope level in the future.

I went to Powder Valley and got some 105gr AMAX and 8lbs Ramshot Hunter. I haven't seen a lot on this powder but it seems fairly versatile across a wide range of calibers and gives good velocity.

Also got some IMR 4831 and 140gr SGK BPBTs. This combo in his 1981 Ruger M77 has yielded 1/2 MOA groups and given good results on GA deer.

I'm pretty excited about this build. I thank you all for you input thus far in the build and I look forward to showing you the results. In a couple months, I'll have it built and throw up some photos.

Zach

Well, the project finally came together and so far so good. I love the look of it. I've only had it out to a whopping 25 yards to get a rough zero and let my wife shoot her new G43 but I like everything so far.

morning, I obtained Rem. 721 action, H&S red stock as in photo, timmey trigger

shilen #7 straight contour barrel, 28" SS had chambered to 243AI. Nikon

Monarch 4.5X20X44, warne steel rings and bases, medium height. had smithy

put together. 77gr. Lapua bullets, Medium 210m primer, Winchester brass

fire formed. shoots RL15-760-4320-H414 powders. all r good in this caliber and

case. RL-15 favorite. shoots .300 if I do my part. THK. U lightbulb:)gun)

Hey guys,
I'm pretty new around this forum but the whole 6mm thing has been something of a passion of mine for a while. I started Today I did some load development with the 105 amax and Ramshot hunter. Seated approximately .005 off the lands. I loaded three rounds each of 38.4, 38.8, 39.2, 39.6, 40, 40.4, 40.8, 41.2, 42.2, and 42.7gr. These were a few of the better groups.

Hopefully it wasn't me just tripping over these loads and they are actually good. I'm going to load up 10 of each of these loads and test them at 200 and 300 but as of now I'm really impressed with this package. The Ramshot Hunter metered very well.

Oh man, now you've gone and done it, you are definitely HOOKED on a good-thing...:)
You did an excellent job on your first Savage. It was well thought out and you asked questions and worked your plan along the way. It's just the beginning.... they need to make a patch for this, you know like the kind you use to quit smoking...:D

Don Dunlap

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.