Rifle Build Patience

I do pre-fits, to build on a new donor rifle/action, so the barrel is usually the first part I put on order, because it takes the longest to get. Then I put in for other part's while waiting and when the barrel arrives, usually is delivered in 6 weeks, it's go time!

I have done three builds in the past and really would like to do another in a 280ai. I am really hesitant to pull the trigger with the huge lead times and how much the cost has increased. Also at this time it could be very difficult to find all new reloading components for a new caliber.

Weatherby in Sheridan Wyoming took 21 weeks for a re-barrel 🐘💨
After the first 16 weeks they sent it to me re-barreled & (re-chambered) in .300 Win mag. Keep in mind when I dropped it off it was a Mk V barreled action in factory original .300 Weatherby mag and the instructions were to re-barrel it with the same caliber. Absolutely agony...

Man I feel your pain on the wait times then when you get a update about your barrel it gets ya excited till ya ask a estimate till it's done and they say 4-6 more weeks. But my wait is almost over they say should be shipping within the week 😁 so hang in there it's long and sucks for a wait

The funny part of this was I dropped off the action to be trued, lapped, remove cerakote and reblue at Penrod Precision with likely long lead time. 2 weeks later Mark calls me, its done! He worked it in between various builds for me. Turned out gorgeous and now the ONLY part needed is the barrel. Wow it feels so sweet it has made me more anxious cause I know this will be really nice budget build. So off to shoulder PT which is weeks ahead of expectation. 2 weeks after surgery and have almost full rotation.

Well that's good pt will help not sure where ya ordered your barrel but I got a email today that mine are shipping out and o ordered mine in Jan so stay patient it will show up

I feel your pain! I ended up starting another build, probably not the smartest decision. I also started shooting and practicing for the local long range varmint steel shoot. It takes a little more than just shooting small groups at long range but is awesome practice for hunting situations.

The problem is not off the shelf barrel twist since .270Win 1:8 and throated for longer high BC bullets. This is going to be my "fun" build and hoping I will be able to test out for mule deer or elk this fall. If barrel is in by then😱