Rifle Build Patience

My smith called and said my 20 inch 7mm Proof Sendero Light barrel is six months out. I feel your pain.
I just went and picked my rifle up from my Smith he's had it since September for a re-barrel I told him can't I put a stick with my name on it in line and when you get ready call me he did not think it was funny but it was not meant to be

My last 3 blanks took 3 months from time of order until they hit my door.
My last stocks I ordered took 12 months...yes, a whole year!
This time I am ordering Manners stocks, should be a quarter of the time. Fingers crossed.

I plan my next build while doing a few rifles for my few regular buddies, they're like me and want to change barrels to try something better.

Cheers.
A year was the approximate delivery date when I was looking at Manners stocks they must be monitoring a computer at their end because I was changing small upgrades back-and-forth comparing prices a short time later I get an email about a stock that a customer rejected due to a discoloration at the seam in the mold they asked with this be OK I asked did it affect the warranty he said no I told him to send it the stock was in the mail two days after I was looking at them onlineMake sure you ask what they have in stock you may find something that suits you

This time I am ordering Manners stocks, should be a quarter of the time. Fingers crossed.

I plan my next build while doing a few rifles for my few regular buddies, they're like me and want to change barrels to try something better.

Cheers.
Try a stock from Mesa Precision in Grand Junction Colorado great stocks put one on a Tikka T3 with a Seder contour barrel perfect fit. Go through Redhawk Rifles . Check them out

when gathering parts for a build, i throw them in a flat plastic tote that lives under my sons bed. that way they arent out for me to look at. plus, there's a heavy hope chest in front of his bed that i have to move to access the tote.

seems like there's always a few manners in the classifieds. i'd probably go that route if i was doing a custom build. i dont care if something is used or has scratches as i'm rough on my stuff as it is. krylon is only $5 a can at lowes.

Lock 'em up and forget about them. :) Its tough to save for a long time just to put the money down and wait a year. It's as bad as waiting for a suppressor.

Another way is to not be picky on your parts and buy what you can off the shelf. Actions and stocks seem to be the worst.

Cheers.
Hahaha! My Manners stock took 11months. Just got it a couple weeks ago and it was ordered at the end of April last year.