Rifle Brass?

coop2564

How many reloads do you try to get in your center fire rifle brass? Standard and Magnum do you look at them differently? Talking hunting rounds not target.

I have 7mmrm brass that is 11 loads and still going strong, (federal). I buy factory ammo in lots of 100 fire them then start with the collet neck sizeing. Every 4th shot they get annealed and only when they get " sticky " do I full length size

How many reloads do you try to get in your center fire rifle brass?

Standard and Magnum do you look at them differently? Talking hunting rounds not target.

1) As many as I can... There is no set limit or specific number of shots you can get out of a piece of brass.

2) No, I shoot them until I see physical reasons to discard of the brass. And my hunting and target loads, both magnum and non-magnum, are all treated the exact same.

1) As many as I can... There is no set limit or specific number of shots you can get out of a piece of brass.

2) No, I shoot them until I see physical reasons to discard of the brass. And my hunting and target loads, both magnum and non-magnum, are all treated the exact same.
Yep. When I was shooting the 7mm Rem I got as many as 15 or 16 loads out of some of them.

Some of my STW brass is on it's sixth loading with no problems.

Some of my .300wm is on it's 6th as well.

The higher quality your brass is to start with the longer it lasts. Same with backing off of max or over max loads which also saves on barrel life.

Very few rifles perform at their best with max loads and the heaviest bullets you can find anyhow.

I can kill anything in North America and Most of Africa without pushing the limits.

My Winchester and Federal match .338wm brass are on their 6th or 7th reloading and going strong with no annealing and 90% are loaded using compressed loads.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.