Rifle Basix Triggers

Darrin,

The first two RB triggers I used were outstanding, the last two not so much. Quality seems to be slipping some. I would look instead at the Sharp Shooters Supply trigger, can't ever recall hearing a bad thing about them and love the two I've used.

Chris

I just put one in my Savage 110 and it seems pretty good. Definitely a big improvement over the factory. The only questionable thing is the safety seems a little sketchy to me and I will be incredibly careful with this rifle.

If your on a budget I would go ahead and do it... Like I said it is definitly an improvment over factory...

It just comes down to personal preferance...I have a RB in one of my custom guns and a timney in the other...I don't think I would spend the money for another Timney I'm not happy with this one.

Another vote for the RB. I replaced the factory trigger on my Savage 111F in .300 WM about 3 years ago and very pleased ... it is currently set and loctited at 1.5 lbs (field and range tested for safety).

Good luck.

Ed

I also have one on my 112BVSS in .300WinMag. This rifle came out before the AccuTrigger and the original trigger had been adjusted but still had that soft, mushy feel to it.
I caught the RB on sale at Midway and do not regret it. It breaks clean and crisp everytime at 2 lbs. I don't think you'll regret the investment. Installation is simple and quick. IIRC there are two versions for the Savage, the pre and post AccuTrigger.
I have since then bought a Shilen trigger for my 700P and other than the width of the trigger shoe, I can't tell a difference in the feel of either. Both break like the proverbial "glass rod".
Before RB ever came out or even existed, I bought Timneys to replace the factory triggers on Savages. They were the only game in town at one time and were great considering what they were placing. JohnnyK.

Just got through with this horrible rifle basix trigger setup. Purchased a "drop in" trigger for my Savage 110. I rebarelled it for .33 Nosler. First off, I work on rifles all the time, generally build my own for the most part. I could not get this triggers sear engagement to work, or set up the fine adjustments no matter what I did. Finally i brought it to a trusted gunsmith, and upon disassembly he found the the seer wasn't cut square, the safety engagement was way off, and no matter what he did, the trigger is kind of floppy. He had to recut the sear, recut the safety engagement, and essentially rework and polish every surface....it's 2.15 lbs now, but still kinda floppy. Garbage. I had to pay twice the triggers value for sub par performance....oh...and now, the bolt release isn't functioning. Note to self....from now on, Timney or nothing.

Just got through with this horrible rifle basix trigger setup. Purchased a "drop in" trigger for my Savage 110. I rebarelled it for .33 Nosler. First off, I work on rifles all the time, generally build my own for the most part. I could not get this triggers sear engagement to work, or set up the fine adjustments no matter what I did. Finally i brought it to a trusted gunsmith, and upon disassembly he found the the seer wasn't cut square, the safety engagement was way off, and no matter what he did, the trigger is kind of floppy. He had to recut the sear, recut the safety engagement, and essentially rework and polish every surface....it's 2.15 lbs now, but still kinda floppy. Garbage. I had to pay twice the triggers value for sub par performance....oh...and now, the bolt release isn't functioning. Note to self....from now on, Timney or nothing.
That stinks. Why didn't you send it back to Rifle Basix before spending money on a gunsmith rebuild?

My only experience with a RB trigger was with one I installed on one of my older Model 70 Winchesters. This particular rifle had a very rough trigger that my usual tuning process proved to be fruitless. The RB trigger bar assembly was installed in minutes, and resulted in a crisp, light trigger.which has served me well for many years.

I've been very happy with one that I replaced my factory savage one with. It really improved the rifle.