ridgeline in 6.5prc

Niceshot

A buddy is trying to buy his son a new gun and he is interested in a 6.5prc ridgeline. I have never shot a ridgeline but hear good things about them with the exception of the break (LOUD). Yes they are all loud but I hear this one is on another level. Can anyone comment on this?? Also what would you suggest for a replacement break.

I bought 3 a 308,6.5creed and a 300wsm. I no longer own any of them. If he is set on that gun, I would suggest removing the brake and putting on the thread protector

I bought 3 a 308,6.5creed and a 300wsm. I no longer own any of them. If he is set on that gun, I would suggest removing the brake and putting on the thread protector
Do you care to elaborate as to why you no long own any of them. He is not dead set on it just likes what he has read and heard about them. Their thread pattern should accept another break, right??

The breaks are obnoxious. I did not care for how round the fire grip of the stack was. The 300 wsm did not group very well.

Sold the 300 and gave the other two to my brother and best friend. I though it would be a great gun for the money. I am going to stick with my full customs. Not saying they are not good. I just did not care for the stock. Been shooting McMillian game warden stocks and I guess I am spoiled.

The two best rifles at that price range are the Fierce Fury and the CA Ridgeline. The Fierce actions are nicer. Both will be very accurate. I have used many different brakes and notice no difference what so ever with the radial CA brakes. The Slayer is a completely different story they are super loud but are one of the best at reducing recoil.

Last edited:
A buddy is trying to buy his son a new gun and he is interested in a 6.5prc ridgeline. I have never shot a ridgeline but hear good things about them with the exception of the break (LOUD). Yes they are all loud but I hear this one is on another level. Can anyone comment on this?? Also what would you suggest for a replacement break.
All brakes are loud , so why replace it unless you want a side discharge ?

All brakes are loud , so why replace it unless you want a side discharge ?

Yeah...side discharge is nice if you're prone you don't have to worry about dust and dirt blowing in your face. Also, side ports are better for barrel harmonics. JE customs has an awesome thread about brakes with ports on top.

Well since this will be a hunting gun side ports are a must. Never really understood the radials in a hunting gun but to each his own. I'll let him buy one than I can shoot the heck out of with him and his boy.

I've always been happy with the Ridgeline. I have a .300 win that shoots the Hornady ELD wonderfully.

I had a 300wsm that would group around .75" with the only ammo I tried. That is when I did my part.

The only thing I didn't really care for was the stock. It was ok, but it just wasn't upto a McMillan or Manners.

I currently have a Classic Carbon and have the same complaint. It's a 300wm with a 26" barrel plus break. So it's a long one. It looks to be a shooter too. First ammo I tried it is going well under an inch. And I do like the integrated rail.

Do you care to elaborate as to why you no long own any of them. He is not dead set on it just likes what he has read and heard about them. Their thread pattern should accept another break, right??
Put a better brake on it. I now have these on 12 different rifles from .260 through .375 Ruger and love them.

https://www.macsgunworks.com/muzzle-brakes

I will never own another radial brake or one that looks like it belongs on an artillery piece.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.