RIA VR80 barrel issue

I only use the 2 3/4 gas. Haven't used the 3" one. It does suck not being able to use slugs. Maybe you can get more info from them to figure this out. Let me know. I shoot the 2 3/4 fiocchi buck shot at 1400fps and does well.
I'll certainly let you know what I find out.
Thanks for your help!

They did the first time with no issues. I didn't ask the second. I purchased that one. They are not expensive
Thanks.. I thought that's how I read it..so it was a third one you bought. ...got it.👍
Hope it remains in tack!. I still think the slugs should have been acceptable.😕
Hope ya had a good 4th..thx again

Update;
On my second barrel and ran 60 slugs through it letting the gun cool before going again. Brought it home and cleaned it. The inside of the barrel has been damaged again. Metal lining actually seems to be coming off the inside. Really frustrated. Think this gun wasn't made for slugs. I have the new barrel coming and think ill keep to 00 buck shot I guess.

What did Rock Island say and is it the same barrel as the VR60?
Dear Mr Ferguson ...I'd rather use that than address you by your first name! LOL I don't own the vr60 but I think it's barrel is shorter than thevr80...not sure about any of the other specs but Rock island said to send them the barrel just waiting to print the label they sent... Can't print here from the house but other than that been real happy with the gun. Sorry that probably wasn't much help.. fire away! Peace out

Dear Mr Ferguson ...I'd rather use that than address you by your first name! LOL I don't own the vr60 but I think it's barrel is shorter than thevr80...not sure about any of the other specs but Rock island said to send them the barrel just waiting to print the label they sent... Can't print here from the house but other than that been real happy with the gun. Sorry that probably wasn't much help.. fire away! Peace out
I want one but I would like to take it out for deer. I'm not one that just goes and shoots just to shoot very often. I'd love to find a rifled barrel for either the 60 or the 80.

So it looks like the choke can be problem with slugs if not in cylinder position. I have been looking at them as well.
2D1402EB-95A4-4517-8C74-C045B3C680D9.png

Recent Posts