Reworked 7 SAUM

Truc

I decided to change the stock I had on this rifle as it was heavy and I really like the McMillan A-3 Sporters, so it's now sporting

Stiller Tac 30 SA opened to accept the Wyatts extended box
25" Varmint contour 1-8.5 gain twist Rock Creek barrel w/ 3 port Muscle Brake chambered of course in 7 SAUM.
McMillan A-3 Sporter Edge version in olive drab

weight is just under 8.5 lbs without scope.

scope is Mark 4 6.5x20x50 Leupold w/ TMR reticle?
Mounted in Burris Signature Zee rings

Have not shot it since it was restocked but originally shot in the .3"'s @100yds

IMG_1101.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice rifle. What is your intended use? With a Wyatt's extended mag well, I assume it's a hunting rig. Have you considered going with a detachable mag and trying tactical competition? The 7saum shooting 180bergers is an awesome set up for longrange tactical work.

Thanks Trebark, it's for hunting. The only DM I have used is the one on the Savage 338 Lapau, not for shooting freehand.
I am building a F class 7 SAUM but will be loading it single shot and will be shot from my Farley rest. The .3 groups were with the 180 Bergers

how do you like that stock so far? i have been looking at those since they were put out , just can not afford one rite now. they look very practical

I really like the A-3 Sporter design, I have one on a 260 but not the Edge version in Grey Marble. The Edge version is 1/2 lb lighter but is painted and may scratch easier. At 1.8 lbs it is light and very solid.
One thing I have learned is buying a cheaper stock is more expensive in the long run as I was not happy with the stock I had on this rifle, so sold it and took the plunge with the Edge.
The A-3 Sporter shoots well from a bag or free hand which is a must for me and with the Edge weighing less makes it even easier. The Edge is 1 lb lighter than what I had on it and better barrel match as it had to be opened to fit the Rem Varmint contour.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.