revolver use on a tripod?

Maybe Mark Hampton can chime in on Bog Pod's new Death Grip (or whatever) rest. He,s used it, but never seen a report on handgun use. I'm not sold since it only grips a gun at one site. May not be stable for long rand stuff.
As fas as the PSR, I saw the writing on being d/ced. I stocked up! One broke, but the refix is better than the original. I've bugged BogPod about a re-introduce, but no replys. did a 586 off my PSR. Great rest.

Yeah, it's a shame the PSR is no longer available. A year or so ago, I had Ernie take a few photos of his PSR with a measuring tape in the photos. I made one that is very stout. Works extremely well. I've shot my revolver off this as well.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Looks great. Are all the components metal? Heavier than a PSR?

All aluminum. It weighs 2 lbs 11 oz. I don't know what the PSR weighs. The base itself is a piece of 3" aluminum channel. I made it a little longer than the PSR rest. By being a little longer, the butt of the SP is not on the back where it breaks slightly downward.

I carried it all over Wy-Shot last year. If I'm going to do a lot of walking, I have a sling that attaches to the tripod to make it easier to carry. I can put my SP or revolver in a backpack along with ammo and a few other items and go where ever I need to.

Like you Doc, I also use the tripod as a support when walking up a steep ditch or ravine.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a shame the PSR is no longer available. A year or so ago, I had Ernie take a few photos of his PSR with a measuring tape in the photos. I made one that is very stout. Works extremely well. I've shot my revolver off this as well.
Wow, does indeed look great.
I need to do something like this.

As usual the newbie post something to the wrong area, sorry guys.
know this is an old thread but here goes. Made this from one of my tripod and some parts left from a treehouse for the grandkids. works for me and have not destroyed anymore bags. Duct tape is a lot cheaper and last longer. Good luck and have questions will try to answer.

jerry

Attachments

• rest 2.jpg
    rest 2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 72

Recent Posts