revolver use on a tripod?

buggz

Anyone use a revolver with a tripod table and rest?
I'm wondering about the cylinder flame.
Can't just use a blanket, I will guess that will get burned?
I was thinking that bag type rest would also get burned?

Use a leather chamois or something slightly heavier to protect you bags.
Then use the bag(s) of your choice.
I would check POI changes (If any) from your different field rests at your further hunting distances, so you don't have any surprises there

Thanks Ernie, you are the man.
Do you have any bags, and/or tables in mind?
I will start searching...

This is probably the lightest in terms of weight:

The NRL world has some that are larger and lighter weight that is made to go on a tri-pod

Found this, looks interesting:

Since I'm a little physically challenged I use my long BogPod as a walking stick with a PSR rest on top. Might seem a little strange, but works great for me. I've used it in Africa, many of the western states and full time in WV. I shoot XPs, Encores, Contenders, semiautos, and large revolvers (.454, .475, .500) off it. One or 2 shots from the big revolvers have not affected the PSR. For more shots I put a piece of elephant hide under the cylinder. I use the same hide when shooting off my backpack.
This system has worked for 20+ years. Never had problems with it or saw a need to change.

Since I'm a little physically challenged I use my long BogPod as a walking stick with a PSR rest on top. Might seem a little strange, but works great for me. I've used it in Africa, many of the western states and full time in WV. I shoot XPs, Encores, Contenders, semiautos, and large revolvers (.454, .475, .500) off it. One or 2 shots from the big revolvers have not affected the PSR. For more shots I put a piece of elephant hide under the cylinder. I use the same hide when shooting off my backpack.
This system has worked for 20+ years. Never had problems with it or saw a need to change.
This PSR rest is discontinued?
Having a hard time finding favorable results...