Reviews on the Steyr Pro Hunter rifles

codybrown

My local gun store has one of these new in box, blued action stainless barrel for $700. Who has these and how do they shoot? Information I have found is fairly limited.

Shot alot of Steyr SBS Pro Hunters. We sold the mess out of them when I worked for the gun store (back then we ran them on special for $399-$499). Every customer really loved them. I highly recommend them. If I was to buy a light rifle just for deer hunting, that I wasn't planning on modifying or customizing, it would be a SBS Pro Hunter stainless in 7mm RemMag w/ a 26" barrel.

They're one of the most accurate factory rifles I've ever shot. All Steyr's have cold hammer-forged barrels.

So is $700 for a new one pretty expensive then?
If it's the stainless model, no, that's about average retail price. The blued model should be about $100 cheaper.

When I sold guns it was over 12 years ago. So, as we all are aware, prices have increased ALOT since then.

never owned one but have friends that did , their very well made and shoot very well indeed. that price sounds about right.

if you reload you'll get smaller groups regards jjmp

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.