Reviews of Warne Picatinny Bases??

P12Walleye

Im a new member of the long range hunting community and I am setting up my Remington 700 Sendero in 7mm RUM for Mule deer hunting. I am wondering if anyone has used the Warne picatinny bases, and what they think. I have a Leupold VX-3 LR 4.5-14 that i am putting on it, and i am thinking of 30mm burris rings for it too.

Thanks for any input.

Im a new member of the long range hunting community and I am setting up my Remington 700 Sendero in 7mm RUM for Mule deer hunting. I am wondering if anyone has used the Warne picatinny bases, and what they think. I have a Leupold VX-3 LR 4.5-14 that i am putting on it, and i am thinking of 30mm burris rings for it too.

Thanks for any input.

The Warne base is solid. I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Their both good . I'd just buy which ever is a better buy. I have 2 of the tps steel bases with steel tps rings and I am very happy with them.

the warne is better than the picatinny bases, or at least a real picatinny base in that it has the slot run all the way across so the ring lug bares all the way across not just on the edges. warne rings and bases are stout.

Im thinking of a Warne base on a Browning A bolt II 7mm magnum. I haven't seen one in my hand but pics look like they are not as tall as other pic rails. Im considering a Ken Farrell base that has the slots underneath to get shells in easier (as if that was a problem?!) but the Farrells don't have the rail all the way - in the middle the rail is flat. Also the Ken Farrells look "higher" than the Warnes. Does anybody know if this is true and I don't have the ability to look at these in person. I have some 2 piece Warnes but that is all I have to go by. Pics of Warne I see on Midway USA and Farrells off of Farrell sight. Thanks

The Warne Maxima steel bases are good. Their rings are even better.
706_0658.png
I used the Maxima series rings. I think it is neat that they avoid the ugly (and snaggy) flanges and put the split line vertical. You torque the lower bolts first (to grip the rail) then the upper ones to snug up the scope tube. They are all steel, much stronger than any aluminum ring.

The only thing I wish they (and others) would do is provide a decent plated finish to protect from corrosion. The mill spec "olive drab" zinc process comes to mind. Warne, are you reading this ??? I apply Remoil to mine and wipe the surface down to protect from condensation.

Thanks for any input.

I bought a rail and took it back to them here in Oregon. I'm no rocket scientist or proclaimed machinist, but the screw holes were countersunk so deep there was just .007" left of meat left. The guy at Warn didn't see a problem with that, but I did. Just my .02. I went with Seekins Precision, top notch. TPS is also all good.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.