Review on TRACT Optics

T

Tract Optics

HI guys,

If you see it at the stands, the March Guns & Ammo did a review on TRACT Optics. Worth a look if you have been thinking about a TRACT Optic or if you're looking for more information and reports.

GA_zpsagcevzj7.png

A 1 inch tube and only 50 moa kind of kills any potential as a long range optic . Those traits also in my mind put this in a lower category of optics and thus render the "no middleman" marketing silly because the price isn't really good for what you get for the money . Just buy a VX 3 and then at least you have a proven warranty.

A 1 inch tube and only 50 moa kind of kills any potential as a long range optic . Those traits also in my mind put this in a lower category of optics and thus render the "no middleman" marketing silly because the price isn't really good for what you get for the money . Just buy a VX 3 and then at least you have a proven warranty.

Hi Bob Lee,

As a new company, its best to come out with a core offering that appeals to the majority. Every hunter on LRH probably has shot some game at 25-500 yards which our first rollout of optics caters too. That being said, EVERY hunter needs a nice bino, and our Toric 8x and 10x really shine with every hunting pursuit.

I couldn't disagree more that 1" tube and 50 moa categorize an optic in a "lower category". That would mean Swarovski Z 5's, Some Leica's, and your VX3's are all in that same category.

I encourage you to look at the materials we use in construction, our quality of glass, and reviews before you jump to conclusions.

Also, in checking with other posts in this forum, you'll find where TRACT has products in development that will cater to LRH. That's one of the reasons we became a Sponsor of LRH, we support the LRH community, and will have products that will be catered to the LRH hunter

I am not challenging your support of the forum or what you "want" to bring out "in the future" ,my comments are how I see what you are offering , from a feature perspective only ,as I have never seen any of your products or even heard of you before this thread . As far as long range shooting goes I agree that all those scopes you listed and yours included are on a "lower level " for what we do as long rangers . I love Swarovski for instance but they do not really cater to the long range crowd historically so I do not use thier scopes on my long range rigs just as I won't use any of your current offerings as neither the swaro or yours offer a comfortable amount of adjustment range . You should remember where you are peddling your goods this is a long range forum , of you were on a general hunting forum where most shots are under a hundred yards and tracking repeatibilty wasn't a main concern you would probably have received more interest and responses to your posting.. Others may feel differently this is just my opinion and don't expect everyone to agree witb it .

Trevor - appreciate the innovation and the approach to the market you are taking. Wish you luck - there are many good entrenched competitors, but there is room for your business model to deliver great glass and feature set in a more affordable price. That's driven strong business for others.

I too hope your next line is a 30mm tube and that you'll incorporate more of a Christmas tree reticle like the Kahles skmr3, and of course I'd like to see you deliver that in a 24oz package! We don't always take 800 yard shots, but when we do, we want our scope to take us there! Would love to see your product development pipeline!

Trevor - appreciate the innovation and the approach to the market you are taking. Wish you luck - there are many good entrenched competitors, but there is room for your business model to deliver great glass and feature set in a more affordable price. That's driven strong business for others.

I too hope your next line is a 30mm tube and that you'll incorporate more of a Christmas tree reticle like the Kahles skmr3, and of course I'd like to see you deliver that in a 24oz package! We don't always take 800 yard shots, but when we do, we want our scope to take us there! Would love to see your product development pipeline!

Thanks Tuscan and appreciate the kind words. Just seems counter intuitive for some members to "shoot down" new brands because the new development hasn't hit their wish list yet, but I've heard that rambling before.

You'll like the next generation that TRACT brings out. Certainly a little closer to the wants and needs of many of the members here for some LR shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.