Review-Nightforce SHV 5-20x56 Rifle Scope With New Exposed Elevation Turret

ADMIN

Administrator
I was excited to hear that Nightforce had added an exposed elevation turret to the SHV 5-20x56. I was eager to evaluate and review this new optic as it seems to be the most versatile power range. I like that Nightforce is making an effort to offer a line of optics within reach of the budget minded long range shooter and hunter. The SHV line of scopes is great; they are smaller and lighter than the big brothers the NXS but they don't give up much in capabilities. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Review-Nightforce SHV 5-20x56 Rifle Scope With New Exposed Elevation Turret, By Tim King. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Nightforce scopes are all made in Japan. They do a lot of testing and finishing in the USA on every scope.

Hi Andy, I ordered one of these yesterday from you and now I am a little concerned over the Zero Set feature! Can you please explain the difference between zero stop and zero set? Does it allow me to return to zero without dialing past the 100 yard zero I establish? Thanks

Yes, the zero set does work just like a zero-stop. The only difference is the way it is set up. Once I got it set up correctly the turret would return to the established zero and stop not going any further.

I have both the capped and now none capped .with zero set turrets I prefer the none capped .cant beat these scopes for the price if you a turret twister .

I love them for punching papers but for low light hunting my new 3x15x56 vx 5 hd firedot is incredible.on my heavier guns I'm running nightforce 5x20x56 and on my lighter guns I'm running either vxr or vx6 or vx 5 scopes .leupolds firedot is the best low light reticle I have ever used .i do appreciate the center cross lighting up in my SHV scopes but even on its lowest setting it's a little to bright for really low light hunting .

As everything advances in quality there are so many choices out there. This is my first NF optic and so far I'm very happy. I recently bought a Athlon scope for a differ build and was pleasantly surprised with the quality. It's in no way what this is but it's very nice. The lighted reticle is superb for a $600 optic. Athlon Midas was the model. Anyways.... my passion is shooting, guns, and hunting and when one project ends the next is already started. Cheers

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.