Revic PMR 428

wlittle49

I have a PRM 428 mounted on a 6.5 Creedmoor. Have not been able to consistently hit past 400 yards with it and 1,000 is really a hit and miss. I have contacted Gunwerks twice and have not heard a word. Their website says we won't leave you hanging and I beg to differ. Had this thing since March and have not made peace with it yet. Anyone want to buy it for a good price? But do not expect customer service from Gunwerks and you can tell them I said so.

PM sent with suggested contact info. I've had prompt responses from them in all my dealings. Not sure what the background is on this. But try my suggestion and let me know how you make out.

I had my Revic for a couple years,never had any issues making hit's on targets at any range I dialed it to. More than likely,the data that you uploaded in the ballistic computer isn't correct.
I also never had any problems contacting Gunwerk's,their tech's always answered all my question's,and walked me through any issues that I had when it come to me not being smart enough to operate the electronic part of the scope.

Still waiting for a reply to three emails and two phone calls. Been five days with nothing. Today I am headed to the range and the scope and my Kestrel are 1.5 MOA off at 1,000 yards with the identical ballistics and gun info loaded. I am glad others have success with this scope. Also I have sent screen shots of my ballistics info to Gunwerks several months ago and did get a reply that all looked perfect. That was the single successful contact with them.

I had PM'd some contact info the other day. Since I was already working with Mitch at Gunworks, I emailed him about it after the first post by OP, then again this morning. He replied to me within minutes both times. Here's what he emailed me this AM:

I dont have an account. Could you send him my direct phone number? 307.296.7289

Still waiting for a reply to three emails and two phone calls. Been five days with nothing. Today I am headed to the range and the scope and my Kestrel are 1.5 MOA off at 1,000 yards with the identical ballistics and gun info loaded. I am glad others have success with this scope. Also I have sent screen shots of my ballistics info to Gunwerks several months ago and did get a reply that all looked perfect. That was the single successful contact with them.

Are you dialing the turret to your Kestrel solution or just dialing to what the HUD ranges? Just asking,because the ballistic solutions may be different between the two units depending how each is calculated.
Sometimes,the numbers that you input into a ballistic solution need to be adjusted in order for them to be correct in real world shooting. The BC can vary depending on your velocity,the chronograph velocities can be off,etc.

Well I have made peace with the PM428 this morning. The ballistics and gun data has always been accurate. What I did differently is to keep the scope on the target while dialing the range on the elevation turret. I did not to that before. Today I hit consistently and accurately out to 800 yards without a miss. 1,000 was not quite as consistent, but the wind was tricky this morning.

I have a PRM 428 mounted on a 6.5 Creedmoor. Have not been able to consistently hit past 400 yards with it and 1,000 is really a hit and miss. I have contacted Gunwerks twice and have not heard a word. Their website says we won't leave you hanging and I beg to differ. Had this thing since March and have not made peace with it yet. Anyone want to buy it for a good price? But do not expect customer service from Gunwerks and you can tell them I said so.
How much? I'd be interested....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.