Reverse engineer .300 Win Mag Berger factory match grade 215 hybrid OTM ammo

I agree with wildcat 455 The powder looks a lot like Ramshot Magnum but can't give you a guarantee.. Velocity is a lot the same.. Maybe someone who is familiar with the temp stability for Ramshot, can chime in and say more about it.. It is always available so that is one good thing that Ramshot has going . Was your accuracy the same when you loaded the Ramshot, I am curious???

I've had a lot of luck with H1000 74gr and the 200 gr ELDX. Very consitant velocity with an extreme spread of 15FPS and grouping at 100 yds of 1/2" inch

I have pulled a bullet on the factory Berger ammo. It is a ball powder they use. The charge weighed in at 77.8 grains. I did some searching around in different manuals and the powder I came up with was ramshot magnum. That being said I didn't try to duplicate the load because I have h1000.
320CC254-403F-47A3-87E9-8C956BB776CC.jpeg

A few years back I was included in a VIP tour at Nosler ( I wasn't the VIP, it was just good timing), I talked in depth to the head man in charge of reloading as I watched the entire process. The large cans of powder (barrels) were stamped Reloder 15 (for the current ammo being produced) and I asked him straight up if the powder was the same as I could buy in the store and he said yes the only difference was size of container FWIW.

My bad, I see it now, didn't pick up on the sarcasm. When I was on that tour that was one of the questions I was determined to find out about, that and why the 7mm BT has a thick jacket.

HSM used to advertise that they used the same powder we bought off the shells so they could have a temp stable powder and provide a premium shot to shot and lot to lot performance on there gold series ammo.

I do believe weatherby will use a blend of powders. I've pulled some of there bullets thinking the same thing and I have came across 2 different styles/types of kernels in them. I think that is some of there edge to produce those high velocities that they make.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.