Reuse Pulled Bullets???

Can you tell which 2 were pulled bullets and which 1 was fresh out of the box? These were Nosler BT out of my 300 @ 100 yds

Attachments

• 73BB9439-2956-4C97-80A1-1DE2B19CD48D.jpeg
    73BB9439-2956-4C97-80A1-1DE2B19CD48D.jpeg
    746.2 KB · Views: 86
So I've loaded 50-300wsm with Nosler Accubond180gr bullets I pulled with an Impact Hammer. The tips look good.
Question: Would you use them only as paper puncher's or would you hunt with them?
Use them wherever you are comfortable...shoot a few...they punch paper accurately...they will punch game the same!

Read an article several years ago, before affordable bore scopes, about the condition of some rifle bores. The writer of the article had a borescope and said it would be shocking if you could grab the bullet out of the air after exiting the muzzle after going down the bore. Some bullets would be very damaged due to rust and pits in the bore from lack of proper cleaning. He had a customers 22-250 that some of the bullets would not make it to the 100 yard target due to flying apart due to gouged jacket. The bullets that did make it were keyholing hitting target sideways.

I have shot many reduced velocity bullets into water traps just so I could inspect the bullets after rifling engraving. It was a good practice to learn what style of rifling created more or less bullet deformation and induced drag due to engraving damage. Reduced engraving damage (drag) was also one of the reasons moly coated bullets tended to drop less at LR/ELR

I have used the .270 Nosler Bullets, and .308 Berger Bullets for Target Shooting and preseason sighting in. I use the RCBS Collet Puller to pull the slight few that are a few thousands to short. Other that some slight engraving on the jacket of the bullet , I have not seen Tip damage. I have reloaded them and not seen a difference in the practice groups. I have not used them for hunting or actual competition, for no good reason . For all I know they may be just fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.