Return to Battery rifle test stand

D

daveosok

I'm looking for design ideas concerning "Return to Battery, fluid dynamic dampening, spring assisted return" rail gun style rifle rest testing stand.
I have some ideas of my own and have tried searching the net with no luck for pictures or possible prints.
If anyone has manufactured such a test stand could you post the pictures or web sites.
Thanks

I believe there is a device called a Lahiti Rifle Evaluator. I thought there was an article on it over on Lilja's site, but I can't find it just offhand. Basically does what you are looking for, if you can find one.

Monte

Yes I've been to that site. That is for regular style rifles, what I'm looking for is a rail gun style rifle rest.

Daveosok,
I use a Lahti Rifle Evaluator rest for most testing I do, so if there's anything you would find helpfull I could tell you about them, let me know.

I put a pad on the back of mine and use it like a normal rest, the shock absorber they use WORKS very well. If you use anything to lighten recoil, this is the only way to go, trust me. It absorbs the shock and returns with smoothness.

When you say railgun, what are the other perameters you have in mind? A wider forarm saddle or something?

This rifle is going to have a 40 in 1.7 dia barrel, Nesika M style action same dia, probably the Shene tracker stock, weight is going to be around 45 to 60 pounds I would imagin.
that rifle evaluator is going to be a bit small doubt very much it would work with such a big gun, like putting a 50 cal on it lol.

If you cut the rear section off and redesigned it to set a little further back and be adjustable for width too, while using a wider front using a normal front bag it would no doubt handle 60#. The thing is steel not aluminum. I would by a shock and build my own with the same adjustments points and such. I'll just modify mine for use with heavy guns later.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.