Retumbo where art thou??

A local gun store here in nw North Carolina received 15 lbs of retumbo and h1000 in 1 lb jugs a month ago. First they have seen in over a year. I was able to buy the last three lbs of retumbo. Hoping that means that it will come more available soon. The price has gone up about $5 since the last I bought. I Gladly paid $34 per pound.

last week in Coeur d'Alene Idaho @ Black sheep they had 1# containers of H1000!
Yeah, I was there last week and they were out, then I went there Sunday on my way home from shooting and they had several pounds and bought 2lbs. They limit you to 2lbs otherwise I would have bought a few.

I almost think that they only put out so many pounds periodically and when it's gone they don't restock that day???
I say that because every time i do find some there, it's only a few pounds on the shelf, I could be wrong though???

Keep checking, maybe earlier in the day???

I'm looking to trade 8lbs of Retumbo for 8lbs of H1000 if anyone is interested.
My build likes the H1000 better.

I almost think that they only put out so many pounds periodically and when it's gone they don't restock that day???
I say that because every time i do find some there, it's only a few pounds on the shelf, I could be wrong though???

Keep checking, maybe earlier in the day???
Who knows. Just gotta have luck on my side i guess.

I was in a local BPS Saturday. The only rifle powder that they had on the shelf was H100v. I bought 2lbs as it is supposed to work well in a 270 Win. This took BPS in my area to 0 rifle powder on the shelves.

Well, I bought a couple pounds of Retumbo from JJmoody which should get me by till I can get some from Midway or someplace🙏

I'm heading to Montana soon to visit an old friend. Definitely borrowing my buddies truck to do some powder shopping. It's flat ugly in my home state. I'll report back if I can find something.

Check brownells they had a lot of powders in stock earlier today I got 4 lbs of rl23 I know they had N570 and n550

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.