Retumbo w/ no lot#

Has anyone ever received any Hodgdon powder that did not have a lot number? I plan to call them today.
I bought a 1lb jug of Benchmark a year ago that didn't have a date/lot number code. Didn't catch it until I got home. (Ahh crap!) Went back to the store and they told me to take up with Hodgdon. Take a guess what Hodgdon said. Oh well, my fault. I still used it. No issues. Got lucky.

The bigger question is, how did you find any Retumbo? I'm up in Canada and I'm holding onto my last few grams of the stuff.
Exactly!!, It's unobtainium around here! I've been paying $80.00 a pound to the people who are creating the shortages! It's the best powder for my 300 Rum though!

I would hope that the assembly line would have scanners to detect correct date and lot numbers on the containers before they are boxed up. Those without would get culled out to a reject line for relabeling. There could be all kinds of assembly line issues where s bottle out 2 could skip through without ID numbers, like manually being moved ahead by a worker. But without a lot number or date code I don't think Hodgdon will do anything about it if you have a complaint.

Recent Posts