• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Retumbo in stock

Brandon,

Civil war: I can promise you that say this does happen and they come to take our guns that will be the end of 500mag_guy posting because I would be no more. And I know there is a lot more out there Like me who would protect their constitutional rights till the end. My 0.02ć

Powder: very nice Selection of some very fine calibers I do not know about the 284 but I know my 300 Rum loves retumbo tried it in my 338 lapua and it didn't like it as much as H1000. H1000 was definitely the ticket with 300 grain burger bullets. H1000 Seems to be a little easier to get then retumbo also.

Hope this helps.

I agree I think another Civil War is on the horizon if they keep up the gun control nonsense. It really does not take a whole lot to start fighting. It always boils down to a difference of opinion and how far people are willing to stand by their convictions. Unless all of the people that say "out of my cold dead hands" are just spewing empty rhetoric something could happen. Hope not but that is my $.02.

Back on the Original subject, I need to get some Retumbo for 3 different rifles, I have a 6.5-284, a 300 RUM, and a 338 Lapua that I just picked up Friday. Seems what I can tell by reading posts on here Retumbo is the go to powder for the Lapua shooting 300 grainers. I have a little but would like to get the 8 lb jug.

Thanks guys

Brandon

Brandon,

Civil war: I can promise you that say this does happen and they come to take our guns that will be the end of 500mag_guy posting because I would be no more. And I know there is a lot more out there Like me who would protect their constitutional rights till the end. My 0.02ć

Powder: very nice Selection of some very fine calibers I do not know about the 284 but I know my 300 Rum loves retumbo tried it in my 338 lapua and it didn't like it as much as H1000. H1000 was definitely the ticket with 300 grain burger bullets. H1000 Seems to be a little easier to get then retumbo also.

Hope this helps.

I am with you I would fight til the death. I have a gunwerks built 6.5-284 that shoots amazing with 58 grains of retumbo under a 140 VLD. Savage 300 RUM shooting a 190 VLD over 96 grains of retumbo and a savage 111 LRH 338 Lapua and I am going to try 89 grains-91 grains of retumbo with it. I hear that is what a lot of people are using. What load are you using with H1000? Thanks

Brandon

What velocity are you getting out of your 190s?

I almost don't even like posting what I'm loading it at. Lol

Bergers load data says the following for 300gr pills:

H1000: 80-84.3grs
Retumbo: 84-88.5gr

My rifle found its sweet spot at 92grs of H1000 with the 300 gr pills. Work up please don't just start here!

I am with you I would fight til the death. I have a gunwerks built 6.5-284 that shoots amazing with 58 grains of retumbo under a 140 VLD. Savage 300 RUM shooting a 190 VLD over 96 grains of retumbo and a savage 111 LRH 338 Lapua and I am going to try 89 grains-91 grains of retumbo with it. I hear that is what a lot of people are using. What load are you using with H1000? Thanks

Brandon

What velocity are you getting out of your 190s?

I almost don't even like posting what I'm loading it at. Lol

Bergers load data says the following for 300gr pills:

H1000: 80-84.3grs
Retumbo: 84-88.5gr

My rifle found its sweet spot at 92grs of H1000 with the 300 gr pills. Work up please don't just start here!

I have not chronoed them but I will soon. I just took them out and she shot 3 shots in one ragged hole so I need to run them through the chrono and see. I have a ton of ammo that I got from my friend who use to work at gunwerks and that is what they are loaded with. What kind of 338 Lapua do you shoot? Do you by change have any 300 elite hunters you would sell? I really want to try the hybrid hunting bullets. Thanks

Brandon

P.S. If we need to quit using this thread for this fell free to PM or call me at 208-684-4850. Thanks

Must be something with the 338, I use H1000 as well with 250 SGK's right on Sierra's load data. Not so much push, 86 grains gives me the best spread or a large ragged hole at 200.

I tried Retumbo, H1000 yields a better group for me, besides, I have better than 24 pounds on the shelf.

Don't shoot it that much. Barrel life is finite. I shoot my 308 (H335/165SGK) or the black powder rifle. of course Blackhorn is getting harder to get too.

I've spent countless hours writing to my brain dead senators and congressmen detailing how I feel about the current mess and I only get form letters in reply, or nothing at all.

Makes me wonder just who these 'elected to serve the citizens' are or think they are.

The Federal Government is all screwed up and not just the executive branch. Even state and local governments act stupidly and not in the citizens best wishes. New York and Colorado are prime examples and Albuquerque, New Mexico is a fine example of out of control officials.

In a way, I'm glad I am 63. Not a whole lot of time left on this side of the dirt. It's been fun but I don't want to have a repeat performance.

Don't see any hurt of using it. Retumbo is almost sold out.

190: ya please let me know when you do. Ill send you a text so you have my number.

338: I shoot the savage 110ba 338 lapua with the Nightforce nsx 5.5-22x56. I do not have any of the EH 300gr pills. I shoot the otm tactical. (Just for the simple fact that Berger didn't have the EH out back when I started with the lapua.

I bought 300 ct of the Berger 250gr otm tactical bullets When they first came out and I haven't even opened a box to try I may have to. What's your Elevation where you are at?

I have sent so many emails that it would make you sick. They do not respond nor listen... The fact that they promise so much and do so little for the people once they are in office is beyond me almost seems like it would be better if there was no government at all for a period of time. We definitely need to clean house....

I think you will probably make it to see the **** hit the fan at only 63 lol:D lots of shooting left to be done.

Must be something with the 338, I use H1000 as well with 250 SGK's right on Sierra's load data. Not so much push, 86 grains gives me the best spread or a large ragged hole at 200.

I tried Retumbo, H1000 yields a better group for me, besides, I have better than 24 pounds on the shelf.

Don't shoot it that much. Barrel life is finite. I shoot my 308 (H335/165SGK) or the black powder rifle. of course Blackhorn is getting harder to get too.

I've spent countless hours writing to my brain dead senators and congressmen detailing how I feel about the current mess and I only get form letters in reply, or nothing at all.

Makes me wonder just who these 'elected to serve the citizens' are or think they are.

The Federal Government is all screwed up and not just the executive branch. Even state and local governments act stupidly and not in the citizens best wishes. New York and Colorado are prime examples and Albuquerque, New Mexico is a fine example of out of control officials.

In a way, I'm glad I am 63. Not a whole lot of time left on this side of the dirt. It's been fun but I don't want to have a repeat performance.

Don't see any hurt of using it. Retumbo is almost sold out.

190: ya please let me know when you do. Ill send you a text so you have my number.

338: I shoot the savage 110ba 338 lapua with the Nightforce nsx 5.5-22x56. I do not have any of the EH 300gr pills. I shoot the otm tactical. (Just for the simple fact that Berger didn't have the EH out back when I started with the lapua.

Will let you know when I chrono the 190s. That number I gave you is my land line. Cell is 208-227-4838. I am running a G7 5.5-22x50 on my lapua and the same on the 6.5. I love those scopes! Thanks

Yeah they are quite the scope Aren't they!! I just have the one for now but I will eventually put one on my 375 rum. And probably one on my custom 30-378 Weatherby at some point down the road.

Will let you know when I chrono the 190s. That number I gave you is my land line. Cell is 208-227-4838. I am running a G7 5.5-22x50 on my lapua and the same on the 6.5. I love those scopes! Thanks

Yeah they are quite the scope Aren't they!! I just have the one for now but I will eventually put one on my 375 rum. And probably one on my custom 30-378 Weatherby at some point down the road.

Here is a couple pics of the 6.5

Attachments

• 029.JPG
    029.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 16
Well a day late and a dollar short as always!! They were sold out when I went to buy some. I was waiting specifically form this powder and "missed it by that much!" Lol

Ill normally try to max the hazmat fee out which is 50 lbs. but the only powder they have is retumbo I can only get 10 lbs.

That's not true. It says you can get one 8# two 4# and ten 1# per item. They had 1 pounders and 8 pounders. So I bought 10 one pounders and 1 eight pounder on my order.