Retumbo Data For 7.82 Warbird

I am considering buying a warbird and talked to john by email a few times. He seems like a nice person and emailed me back fast with answers. I did read where the 7mm is only good for about 1,000 shots and wanted to know if the .308 warbird is the same. I almost live at the shooting range and don't think I would be interested in purchasing a 1,000 round gun. I would have to replace the barrel 5 times a year. please give me your experience with the life of the Sako TRGS. Thanksnull

For all your enlarged primer pocket problems with the Warbird brass, get a Hart's Case Saver (large rifle) and it will have you back in business, at the price of around $35.00, you don't have to save alot of Warbird brass to make it pay for itself.

Subsonic, If you are concerned about the cost of barrel replacement I wouldn't buy the TRG-S Warbird. There is nothing involved with the WarBird that is economical (cheap) and the only people I came accross that had really good success did so after replacing the barrel. The TRG-S reciever and also the recoil lug are terrible. The recoil lug is loose fitting in the action and the action is nothing like the newer Hunter 75 action which bedds easily and snug. Personaly I would look at doing a 30 Wolf or picking up a 300RUM, the 300RUM will do almost as well as the Bird but at 1/4 the cost for brass or less.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.