Retirement gift

Well he retired last Thursday and he seemed to really like the rifle, thank you for the help.

Also the local engraver seemed leery of doing the engraving on a rifle bolt since he had never done one before. I talked to browning and they estimated the wait time at 7 weeks but said to send it and they would see what they could do. I shipped it next day air on a Monday with a note explaining what I was trying to do. 5 days later on Friday I had it back! I would really like to thank browning for rushing to get this done, they went above and beyond my expectations. here is a picture of the bolt

don%20bolt%202_zpsqb0hb7ux.jpg

Awesome gift and nice touch with the personalization.
I did the same thing last year for a buddy that retired after 24 years. I contacted a Remington tactical rep and they gave us a good discount. Almost had a problem as they work on most gunsmith time (at least a few I've encountered), 2 months became 7.:D Got it the day before we game him his send off. I wanted to personalize it but ran out of time. I was gonna have a military coin embedded on each side of the stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.