reticle selection questions

Reticles

I have 3 Leupold VX-IIIs. Two in Long Range 4.5x14x40 and one with the B.C. reticle in the smaller tube. After using the LRs with turrets and getting use to dialling in. I far prefer the turrets. The B.C. is OK up to 500 yds. but I'll be replacing it so my three long range rifles will have the same system.
Good Luck

looking at the 3.5-10 x 40 Mk4, its about a $300 add to go to FFP - does this make sense? (comparing on Optics planet with the TMR reticle in both cases)

John

I currently have the Leupold VX-111 with the custom shop reticle out to 500 yards. The system works great.

I am looking at picking up the Night Force NSX 5.5-22x 56mm with either the newer R- 1 reticle or R-2 reticle. they both look similar. I have called a number of places and get different answers. Some say the R-1 is too busy and is hard to see the animal and the R-2 is better for long range hunting? anythoughts from the guys that actually shot these reticles????

preference!
I use Holland's ART (1.5MOA increments) where the number of the MOA is actaully listed every 3MOA in the reticle.
If it were me, the R2 would be my choice.

FWIW-Holland's ART reticle will be available in NF's new FFP scopes coming out in the near future.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.