Rethinking 280AI build

The .280AI is tailor made for the 160+ jacketed bullets. I shoot a hot 175 Berger @ 2975fps from my 26" 1:9". I have a "milder" 160 TMK @ 2990fps.

I have a 145 LRX load I am working on now, in case we draw a special tag this year.

I leave the 168 LRX for my 7RM @ 3075fps.

Well....gonna go a whole different direction with this! Just cant bring myself to put a 280 ack into a classy lookin wood/blued rifle. Just didn't "feel" right! To me that ackley should be in a sexy stainless/synthetic somewhat lightweight rifle. Bought components/dies etc a while back for a 6mm rem build, so since I obviously cant decide on which 7mm I like, the .284 blank is gonna go on the shelf for a while and im ordering a 7 twist 6mm blank from jc customs. The 6mm rem just seems more "appropriate" to me in this donor!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks to all who responded.....GREAT INFO...and food for thought on what to do with the 7mm blank. Pretty sure I will look for a donor with longer mag capacity and go ahead with the ackley!

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.