Resources for new round development

Joshuak12

I am very interested in developing new rifle rounds. I am looking for good resources for information about wildcatting but even more so about "from scratch" round development. I am aware of the monetary commitment required, but haven't found a lot of good literature pertaining to the subject. Any recommendation of an informational resource that is even loosely tied to the subject is appreciated.

Well for cartridge design info look at Ackley, Gibbs, Howell books.
For load performance per bullet/capacity pick up QuickLoad software.
To design cartridges based on what you learn about cartridge design and expected performance, Pickup RCBSdotLoad and utilize 'Cartridge Designer' function within it.
Download a blank reamer print off the web & fill out based on your brass in hand dimensions and desired final form of cartridge.

Well for cartridge design info look at Ackley, Gibbs, Howell books.
For load performance per bullet/capacity pick up QuickLoad software.
To design cartridges based on what you learn about cartridge design and expected performance, Pickup RCBSdotLoad and utilize 'Cartridge Designer' function within it.
Download a blank reamer print off the web & fill out based on your brass in hand dimensions and desired final form of cartridge.

Thank you - much appreciated.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.