reprogramming the ChargeMaster 1500 to be faster

TackDriv3r

Hi folks, I upgraded from the old RCBS Partner scale of 15 odd years to a FX 120 and just got the Chargemaster 1500 to speed up my charges. I am setting the charge a grain under from the Chargemaster, to the FX120 for trickling to the accurate measurement and dumping into cases. The 1500 kind of keeps up with me by the time I am dumping charges into cases. There is a reprogramming that you set into the 1500 to trickle faster. Is there any pro and cons doing that? I hear that you cannot go back to default once you reprogram. Anyone have any feedback on this? And for those who programmed, how do you like it? Thanks

Unplug it and put it back in the box...get out you old uniflow and set it to within a tenth or two and trickle in the other tenths, it'll be faster and just as accurate !

Hi folks, I upgraded from the old RCBS Partner scale of 15 odd years to a FX 120 and just got the Chargemaster 1500 to speed up my charges. I am setting the charge a grain under from the Chargemaster, to the FX120 for trickling to the accurate measurement and dumping into cases. The 1500 kind of keeps up with me by the time I am dumping charges into cases. There is a reprogramming that you set into the 1500 to trickle faster. Is there any pro and cons doing that? I hear that you cannot go back to default once you reprogram. Anyone have any feedback on this? And for those who programmed, how do you like it? Thanks

Yes, I reprogrammed mine. Much faster, and definitely better once reprogrammed.

This is the YouTube video I used to help reprogram mine.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-DRJCL0D3A[/ame]

I reprogrammed mine a few years ago and it greatly reduced my loading time. Out of 50 loads, I might get one that goes over by a .1gr, but I just dump that one back into the hopper and put the pan back for another charge. I have not heard you can't go back to default settings (not that I'd want to), but I did change mine a couple times when I was first doing it.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.