Replacing Weatherby Mark V stock with Bell and Carlson Medalist

GW Hunter

Debating on replacing the 30+ year old walnut stock on my Weatherby 7mm with a Bell and Carlson medalist. I had it bedded and floated way back when and it is a 1/2 M.O.A. gun when I do my part. The main reason I'm thinking of doing this is to reduce the weight of the rifle, but am wondering to myself if it is worth it. I will bed the action but am concerned that the performance will change with the newer stock. Any opinions? Thanks in advance...GW

If you're doing that well I would not likely swap stocks. You could always take your stock off and weight it, but I suspect the difference between your wood stock and a B&C stock is a matter of a few ounces. The specs are generally posted on their site.

In addition, it is far easier to use one of their Accumark-sized stocks if you're floating the barrel. The ones for a "normal" contour barrel do not fit nearly as well as they should, and I don't use them any more. You're welcome to try, but I suspect you'll end up hogging out a fair amount of the barrel channel to get the rifle to properly fit the stock. And, if you use an Accumark stock it might actually be a bit heavier than what you have now.

So, I'd check the weight of yours and go from there.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts