Replacement stock

Cray7614

I'm looking for a replacement stock for my Savage 12fv 6.5 Creedmoor anyone have any suggestions or any for sale?

What weight of a stock are you looking for? I have a Choate stock on my 6.5 creed and a stockade prairie dog on 243 AI. They are heavy stocks, but I am pleased with both. I would look at the At-one by Boyds for features and price. I would order a Mcmillian for lighter weight stock that can be customized. Hope that helps.

Yeah I have been looking at Boyd's and I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on one yet. But the price of them definitely make them a better choice in my opinion because all of the reviews I have seen they have preformed well

I upgraded my Sav 12FV .308 with a Boyds stock last summer and am happy with it thus far. I did not do any bedding or anything, just a pretty simple swap out. Great accuracy (for a mostly factory gun), reduced recoil thanks to the weight and a more comfortable grip. I also opted for the adjustable cheek piece since my scope sits a little high and I was having to raise my head up a bunch on the factory plastic stock.

Boyds all the way at my house. They are about the only game in town for a Savage Axis.

I did a his and hers 6.5's. 6.5x284 (his) and 6.5 CM (hers)
2018-03-16 23.20.58.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.