Replacement Stock for Sako M995 ???

Bubba-n-AK

I have a Sako M995 in 375 H&H with a fiberglass stock. I took it to a local gun shop to have it checked out because I planned on selling it. Anyway, he found a hairline crack on the foregrip just below the swivel stud. My question is, does Sako sell replacement stocks? Or can it be repaired?

I've googled every combination I can think of and can't seem to find one. Any help or advise is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

I have a Sako M995 in 338LM. I have a McMillan A-5 on order for it. I am considering selling the factory stock off of mine when the A-5 arrives. IF you think it would work and IF you are interested, drop me a line.

I'm in the same position as Fishry (except I already have my A-5 after half a year's wait!). But I'm in South Africa, so I figure you will find it easier buying his and getting it sent to you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You need to keep the bits from the mag well - the catch, spring, andd "leaf spring" - as they are needed to fit into the A-5 replacements.

Don't want to jump ahead of Fishry - so Fishry, IF you decide not to sell it... I'm an alternative source for a stock.

Wim

I should have added - if you aren't sold on a factory repalcement McM makes several tactical styles and a facotry copy and Joel Russo can likley copy your inlet into something (probably almost anything) you like in a laminate (and that extra weight may be nice in that chambering).

You'll need bottom metal because the factory stock has a trigger guard and mag-well "molded in" - McM won't sell separately, but told me that I could source from Serengeti Stock Works in Kallispel (is it?).

Good luck.

Wim

[ QUOTE ]
I have a Sako M995 in 338LM. I have a McMillan A-5 on order for it. I am considering selling the factory stock off of mine when the A-5 arrives. IF you think it would work and IF you are interested, drop me a line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you still interested in selling that stock?

I'm still interested if Fishry has a change of heart.

Mail me at [email protected] . I'm out of office until the 11th of October from Monday, so I'll reply after that, unless I pass by a computer next week.

All the actions are the ame size on the M995's I understand.

Sorry for the AWOL. In my defense it is hunting season. I just received the McMillan A-5 for my TRGs. It looks nice. On the first shot the area of the stock behind the rear tang chipped and shattered. This appears to just be cosmetic, but I will be contacting McMillan about a replacement.

Here is the deal. If McMillan requires me to send the A-5 stock back right away before a replacement can be started then I will want to use the old stock for awhile. If not, I will consider selling the old stock, but must warn that the two springs used for the magazine area were transferred to the A-5 and will not be included.

Have you contacted Berretta to see what a replacement stock would cost? Or if one is available?

I have a factory stock that I'll send you for free, all you need to do is use your hardware for the mag release and pay shipping.
Wayne aka WAMBO

[ QUOTE ]
I have a factory stock that I'll send you for free, all you need to do is use your hardware for the mag release and pay shipping.
Wayne aka WAMBO

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that is my favorite price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Will try to email you to work out the details.

Thanks,
Bill

[email protected]

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.