Replacement front cap for Silencerco Harvester 30?

codyadams

So I can't seem to find one, I see that Silencerco doesn't offer a replacement front cap for the Harvester series of supressors, only their other ones. I want to take off the "Anchor" brake on the front of my can and replace it with a simple cap, to reduce overall length by about 1", because I think it looks goofy, and also because I don't feel it is really necessary.

Is there any other company that makes a simple cap for this can that any of you know of? If not, I may look into having a my local gunsmith shop make me one. Thanks for any info!

I read your post yesterday and spent some of the evening and a bit this morning looking around for a replacement end cap for you and like you, I came up with nothing.

My next big idea was to have your gunsmith cut your existing anchor brake down so it functions as just an end cap. That would work but there wouldn't be any way to use the wrenches that come with your can to tighten the cap on. Maybe your gunsmith can figure that out.

I know there is a manufacturer that makes custom end caps but I can't find the information about it. The information is floating around on Snipers Hide forum somewhere if you care to try to find it. If I remember correctly, the price for the caps wasn't too far out of line.

My son knows WAY more about suppressors than I do so I will ask him if he knows anywhere you will be able to find what you need.

I will get back to you with what I learn. Good luck with your searching.

So, after looking around and asking my son where I might find an end cap for the harvester, my son asked me if I knew the Harvester end cap can't be removed. I had no idea so I searched the internet and sure enough, the harvester end cap is not removable. I guess we now know why we can't find any. There are companies who can do custom work on suppressors but I doubt the cost would be worth it.

"It is a 30 caliber centerfire rifle silencer, intended to suppress most cartridges with projectiles appropriately sized to travel through the bore, including 300 Winchester Magnum. ... The silencer has an externally mounted anchor brake attached at its end cap that is not user serviceable or removable.Jan 7, 2021"

At this point maybe ask your gunsmith if he would be willing to cut the anchor brake down. I have the Omega 300 that came with the anchor brake on it and I changed it out with one of my son's end caps and I felt absolutely no difference in felt recoil.

I'm not sure if you have hunted with your suppressor yet but now that I have, I will always hunt with one.

Good luck out in the wild and shoot straight.

That would make sense.....I haven't actually been able to take it home, just handled it at the gun store. Well, cut it off it is ha ha. Thank you sir!
I have the same suppressor on one of my 20" barrel rifles and thought I'd cut mine off as well. After using it a bit I chose to keep it. One because the length no longer bothered me and secondly I didn't want it to look like crap. Now it only bothers me when I put it in the safe.

Before you cut the anchor brake off (Bummer you didn't get the Omega. It is removable and I believe threaded 1.375x20…and it comes with an extra end cap) you might consider just shortening your barrel an inch. If you're shooting anything 6.5 Creed and larger the anchor brake actually helps with both recoil reduction and sound suppression. SilencerCo states 2-4 decibels. The larger the cartridge, the greater the benefit.

Last edited:
Thanks not reason I never thought to cut it off is it rides muzzle down in the truck a lot and I like the idea that if I slip or drop it the change of the end having debris in it that would cause damage is less. May be a real non issue but makes me feel a bit better. I'd love to see how your looks when done. I'm not against it by any means you may be on to something.

Thanks not reason I never thought to cut it off is it rides muzzle down in the truck a lot and I like the idea that if I slip or drop it the change of the end having debris in it that would cause damage is less. May be a real non issue but makes me feel a bit better. I'd love to see how your looks when done. I'm not against it by any means you may be on to something.
Didn't think about that, you have a good point for protection. And ya, hindsight 20-20, may have gone another route, but I think this one will work well and I can either get over the anchor brake or if not maybe cut it off. Though with the new e-forms, sounds like form 4's will be significantly faster, maybe I'll just buy more cans 😁

Before you cut the anchor brake off (Bummer you didn't get the Omega. It is removable and I believe threaded 1.375x20…and it comes with an extra end cap) you might consider just shortening your barrel an inch. If you're shooting anything 6.5 Creed and larger it actually helps with both recoil reduction and sound suppression. SilencerCo states 2-4 decibels. The larger the cartridge, the greater the benefit.
Huh ? Cutting your barrel shorter reduces recoil and reduces noise?

I'm either misunderstanding your post or you are bass akwards because cutting a barrel shorter does the opposite

Huh ? Cutting your barrel shorter reduces recoil and reduces noise?

I'm either misunderstanding your post or you are bass akwards because cutting a barrel shorter does the opposite
The anchor brake does that. I'll modify the post to clarify the confusion.

Didn't think about that, you have a good point for protection. And ya, hindsight 20-20, may have gone another route, but I think this one will work well and I can either get over the anchor brake or if not maybe cut it off. Though with the new e-forms, sounds like form 4's will be significantly faster, maybe I'll just buy more cans 😁
I can say I'm not sure it works it I done notice it on my harvester.
And you have a great point they are bogo right now.