removable brake and suppresser

arrow

i am having a rem 700 built right now with a broughton 7.1 contour barrel. it is 1.200" at breach 4" cylender and .960" at muzzle. 20" long. it is going to be chambered in .308 winchester. i was looking to put a break on it somewhere along the lines of a badger thruster or a defensive edge. i read about the other break that badger makes is designed to be removable. does that mean that these two types of breaks i mentioned are not suposed to be removed and replaced? i am looking to be able to take the break off and screw on a suppressor. will this work or are there any breaks similar to these that it will work on? i just dont want a huge chunk of metal on the end of the barrel. something that looks like its somewhat part of the barrel. thanks

I have a custom MB similar to that of Holland's QD on my .300WM. The smith that built it also made a cap and a tool to remove the MB should I desire to. However, I do not want to deal with any difference in POI with it on and off, just a thought for your consideration.

Good luck!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.