Remodel 257 weatherby

Not sure about weight but my 6.5-300 with B&C stock and timney feels the same as my SA Xbolt HCLR which is 7lb 3oz before scope. Its definitely mountain rifle worthy.
While I would like a carbon barrel and may do that in the future this combo handles well and shoots well, albeit it was finicky before I stocked it.
20191102_150718.jpg

order straight from Blackjack bullets, they've got lots of good barrels in stock usually. Can't imagine that they don't have something that would work for you.

Not sure about weight but my 6.5-300 with B&C stock and timney feels the same as my SA Xbolt HCLR which is 7lb 3oz before scope. Its definitely mountain rifle worthy.
While I would like a carbon barrel and may do that in the future this combo handles well and shoots well, albeit it was finicky before I stocked it.View attachment 178553

yeah defiantly mountain worthy. How do you like the ..6.5-300?

I like it....now! Haha the thing was finicky in stock form, wby Vanguard II with the new thinner barrel contour, .570ish. Anyways once I got it shootin I really enjoy it.
This one isnt a fast barrel so my load is a 127 LRX at just under 3400.

No kills yet. I had a 257wby in the vanguard SII that had the thicker contour .625 at muzzle.
With the 257 and 100 and 117 grainers I could spot hits every time. The 6.5-300 has more recoil and muzzle jump and I have to work harder to see em.
Powder usage difference is notable, 72-77gr (117,100) vs 85-92grs for (147, 127, 120)

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.