Remington XCR stock

Varmint Hunter

I'm interested in a Rem XCR in 338 RUM LH. Does anyone know how good this stock is? I don't want the XCR if the stock will need to be replaced. I could get a 700 LSS if the XCR isn't very strong but I'd prefer the synthetic.

The XCR stock is nothing more than a fancier version of the injected molded stock that originally came on my Stainless Synthetic 375 Ultra Mag. Do yourself a favor and get the LSS, the injected molded stock flexes horribly under recoil. I shot 20 rounds through mine with the factory stock and ordered a Boyds JRS in pepper laminate for it. My father has the LSS in 375 ultra mag and besides it being a little heavier than my Boyds, it's a nice stock especially if you bed it.
Ben

+1 on what bulbwerks said. The XCR stock basically just has some sprayed on rubbery stuff on the pistol grip and forend panels. Other than that, it is just an SPS stock. The LSS stock is a good laminated wood stock and it just plain looks good, too. I've got a couple LH LSS rifles and I'm very happy with them, both looks and accuracy.

Thanks Varmint Hunter for raising this question. I bought a Knoxx Axiom VS stock to replace the XCR stock but was wondering did it truly need it? Thanks for the confirmation!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts