Remington Switch Barrel Rifle !

Forrest Ebert

I'm a new member here and I just recently got delivery of my New switch barrel rifle. It is a Rem.700 action that has been squared and a Rifle Basics trigger added which is set at a crisp 2.5 lbs. The calibers are 7mm,300 & 375 Rem. Ultra mag. which all sport 26" tubes all metal work has been cerecoated for the ultimate in protection and is housed in a specially bedded HS stock. On top of this sets Warne Bases and rings with a 3-9x42 Kahles Multi-Zero scope that will be up graded to a NF 5.5-22x50 to take full advantage of the Long Range capabilities of the Rifle.
pictures and targets to follow after this weekend at the range.
So does anyone out there have any suggestions on what type of bullets and powder combo's that they have good luck with and can recomend to me.:D

Last edited:
So how do you switch the barrel exactly?
The barrels are switched by using a action wrench and portable barrel vise. the action and barrels have been squared so the fit is perfect. Haven't tested yet the return to zero yet but I will try to do some tomorrow and with the right scope it can be pretty much left at the same zero for all 3 calibers.
This is a project to show that with one rifle you could hunt anything that walks.

Forrest

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.