Remington Sendero...?

Still having trouble finding a Sendero in a price range I'd be willing to pay at this point, if I can locate one at all...

I've got a line on a different model that's piqued my interest though:

Has anyone had experience with the 5r Mil Spec? This rifle in 308 would also be interesting to get my hands on, even though I'd prefer the Sendero in a 7mm. I've got a line on a couple of these rifles that are unused for right around $1,000.

I've got 2 of them... 1 is a 24" .308 Win, the other is a 26" .300WM. Had the .308 since 2009/2010, and it is an absolute tack-driver with handloads. I just got the .300WM before Thanksgiving, and haven't had time to go to the range yet for break-in and load development.

They will also need immediate trigger swaps, as all newer Rems come with that horrid XMP trigger.

I've got 2 of them... 1 is a 24" .308 Win, the other is a 26" .300WM. Had the .308 since 2009/2010, and it is an absolute tack-driver with handloads.

What load are you using for that 308? I'm pretty interested in the Mil Spec, but if I found a Sendero for the same price I'd likely snatch it up, especially if it were at the same price as the Mil Spec.
Thanks for the information.

What load are you using for that 308? I'm pretty interested in the Mil Spec, but if I found a Sendero for the same price I'd likely snatch it up, especially if it were at the same price as the Mil Spec.
Thanks for the information.

I have a few Senderos as well. I am a sucker for Remington heavy barrels. :cool:

I have several loads for it, but I can give you a good starter load.

Lapua brass
44.0gr of Varget
Nosler 168 Custom Comp
Federal 210M
2.810" OAL

Wilk- i can not tell what you are shooting at. the sendero , 5-r are great choices if the caliber suits what you intend to shoot. i have a bunch of snederos. i do not have rem long range yet but they look like a great option and cheaper. not only they come in 25-06 And 30-06.

Wilk- i can not tell what you are shooting at. the sendero , 5-r are great choices if the caliber suits what you intend to shoot.

I am checking out the 308 because I live in Texas now and don't really think there's a need for a larger caliber down here. I moved here 6 weeks ago for a 2 year work thing, but will be heading back "home" at the end of it. I believe a 308 would serve me just fine here and get to 1,000 yards on the range for fun shooting. That's not to say if I found a Sendero chambered in 7 mag for the right I wouldn't jump on it right now though.

I just placed my order for a Remington 700 5r Mil Spec! Can't wait to receive it and place my new scope (Burris Veracity 5-25x50) up on top and get to the range and do some banging on steel before I try it out on some four-legged furry things! =D

Looking forward to the walk down "customization lane" with this new critter and all the aftermarket support that's offered for it! I'm thinking spiral bolt flutes, barrel fluting, tastefully (not bulky tactical) enlarged bolt knob for cosmetics. I will be truing up and skim-bedding the action, glassing the recoil lug and more than likely adding a muzzle brake too.

The other idea I'm toying with (if I feel the need for speed) would be to ream it out to 300WSM and get an oversized PTG bolt to turn down and custom fit.

It will be pulling double duty as a range gun and hunting rifle!

Choices, choices, choices....

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts