Remington sendero vs. xcr lrt?

w8n4rutnmt

Im looking for a moderately priced rifle that i can slowly build into a more customized rig. I am set on the 700 action in 300 win mag to start and was really looking at the sendero until remington came out with this xcr long range tactical. Although its fairly new, i was wondering if anyone had any experience with it or input on it compared to the sendero. Thanks

I had the exact same question 6 months ago and went with the Sendero.
The XCR uses a Bell and Carleson stock that seemed "mushy" in the forgrip to me. Didnt take much pressure before the stock would make contact with the barrel. The Sendero uses the HS stock that is much more rigid. The XCR is going to give you the 40X trigger and trinyte finish (wohoo). For about 400 bucks more than the Sendero, I think it was less of a rifle.

If your going to go custom with it, why not spend less than the Sendero? I'm already making plans to rebarrel and go custom, so I wish I had just bout a *** at the local pawn shop to build off of now. Rifle shoots and looks great, don't get me wrong, but just looking at how much I spent and plan on spending gets a little staggering.

I agree , having had a look at the new offering I think its retrograde by comparison to the Sendero
I got started in LR with a Sendero in 7mm REM MAG and it shot sub MOA with very nearly every load we fed it , the stock is tried and true and triggers are easily upgraded if you wish.

I know its not a fluke as two mates of mine have followed me into the game and set up with Sendero's exactly the same with the same results , we each mounted NF 5.5-22X50 in NF mounts
- rails the rifles all make one hole larger at 100 yards and we aren't Marines.

We have slowly up specked and put HS triggers and detachable magazine sets in , I have a match grade MAB barrel in mine now but the standard Rem barrel was a one hole job.

My Vote: The Sendero is a great value place to start and or finish , you can spend more , but you will not always get more in terms of performance.

Good luck with your shooting and your Choices.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.