Remington Sendero Stock

mosh338

Hi

I am thinking of a custom made stock for my Remington 700 CDL- 300 Win Mag. The gunsmith suggested making a laminated stock very similar to the Remington Sendero.

Would the Sendero style stock be suitable to hunting in the field and occasional bench rest shooting?

Are there any special modifications that would make the stock better considering that I want to use the rifle for hunting, shooting off makeshift rests?

Do you think that a monte carlo cheek piece would be an advantage?

The Sendero stocks are more geared towards hunting, but work fine when shooting off of bags at the range, if that's what you're asking.

They are not, however, good for benchrest shooting. You will want a true benchrest rifle setup for that.

Benchrest and hunting are 2 totally different ends of the spectrum.

Monte Carlo cheek piece is all about feel. You would need to go to a store or handle or shoot a rifle with one, to see if you like it. Everyone is different. When it comes to personalizing your gun, only YOU can give yourself the final say-so.

If you want a really nice custom stock, look up Joel Russo on here, and he can help you out. He is one of the best stockmakers in the world.

if you are after a reasonable stock try boyds or richards, or stockys they all have suitable laminate stocks but as said above if you want something full custom try russos. most of the above can also supply you with blanks so that you can fashion your own if it takes you. For hunting and a little bench shooting I would recommend boyds classic style with the nice high comb. When you order from anyone remember to order it appropriate to your barrel profile and relevant action.

Thanks for the comments. Ill check out the leads. I was looking at accurate innovations but the prices are a little out of my range.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.