Remington Sendero factory loads

Bigbuck115

Just bought a new remington 700 sendero sf 7mm rem mag. I have done alot of hunting through the years but have never gotten into hand loading rifle ammo. I'm looking for a good factory load for deer hunting shots at max around 400 yards, a know the gun can produce better but this would be a the end of my level at this point. Any advice will be grateful.

I broke my Sendero (.300 WinMag) in with Remington Core Lokt and was consistently shooting around a .5MOA group with it at 100 yards. I pushed it back to 650 and was still holding under .5MOA groups. I'm sure you were hoping someone would give you a little more insight on round other than the Core Lokt, but I am a happy hunter hitting .5 moa and under all day long, especially out to 650. I have two other buddies that own Sendero's, one shoots the Hornady Super Performance Interbond and loves it, and the other shoots Nosler's, but I can't remember what round. I asked a similar question when I first got my Sendero, and a lot of guys seemed to favor those Barnes TSX rounds. Ultimately your guns going to make the call for you...hopefully you will luck out and it wont cost you $60 a box haha.

Not 7mm but my .300rum sedero really like the vortex barnes tsx's. It's right about .60 moa out to 400 but I haven't had the time to go further. Judging by what I'm seeing they will do just fine

Thanks for the information. I have purchased several types of factory ammo, Hornady sst 154 gr, Remington swift sirocco 150 gr, Federal accu 160 gr, and also Remington core lokt 150 gr. This should give me a good starting point. Just got to get it broke in at this point and go from there. Good luck this hunting season, and again thanks for the info.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.